• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much notice?

Boblatina

Question for all the (NHS funded) losers on here :)

When you got a date for your surgery, how much notice were you given?

I am particularly concerned because I have read on here that one of the surgeons at my hospital doesn't believe in the milk diet so I have visions of being told on the Friday that my appointment is the next Monday which would be fantastic but really, really awful at the same time.

(I am also working myself up to a tizz every day waiting for a letter so if I have a more sensible idea of when to expect it all the better. I am sure that if I don't stop, I will have a formal complaint coming from Royal Mail for stalking and frightening the postie :eek:)

love

TillyBob

Hi Tilly,

I had about 6 weeks notice I think from memory, so plenty of time to prepare :)

I got at least a months notice so worry not. I feel your pain at having to wait but hang in there mate the losers bench will be warmed by your arse soon enough.

Hi Tilly,

I had about 6 weeks notice I think from memory, so plenty of time to prepare :)
Great. So if the suggested waiting time from consultation to op mentioned by my surgeon is accurate, I should be hearing in about 6 weeks :talk017:

My postman can sleep secure for the near future!

love

TillyBob

Question for all the (NHS funded) losers on here :)

When you got a date for your surgery, how much notice were you given?

I am particularly concerned because I have read on here that one of the surgeons at my hospital doesn't believe in the milk diet so I have visions of being told on the Friday that my appointment is the next Monday which would be fantastic but really, really awful at the same time.

(I am also working myself up to a tizz every day waiting for a letter so if I have a more sensible idea of when to expect it all the better. I am sure that if I don't stop, I will have a formal complaint coming from Royal Mail for stalking and frightening the postie :eek:)

love

TillyBob

Hi, just in case you don't get much notice, how about doing a low-fat diet. That way your liver won't be fatty and enlarged, and that will make the bypass easier to perform.

Hi, just in case you don't get much notice, how about doing a low-fat diet. That way your liver won't be fatty and enlarged, and that will make the bypass easier to perform.
That is part of my plans, yes. (I put ON weight between my first and second appointment and I was absolutely mortified :eek:)

love

TillyBob

Back