• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHY CAN'T ANYONE NOTICE YET? Sob :( (pics attached)

well done lisa keep up the good work .................an amazing difference xxx

Hi Lisa your defo smaller!!! I do agree with Mixxy though, i've been mates with a bloke for the past 15 years but having moved away we now only meet up every so often i first saw him after losing 7 stone and all he said was 'you look well' that left me feeling quite low as i was excpecting him to be flabagasted! Anyway the next time we met id lost a further 3 stone and he was amazed when he saw me i did ask him how comes he didnt really notice before and he said 'because i just see you as you' but now i cant believe how much you've lost. So try not to worry the comments will come!!!!

Of course theres a difference, you look great. Mixman is right, family and close friends might not notice a difference cos they see you all the time and don't really see your weight.

In my experience people did notice my weight loss, some did not like to mention it and some were just plain jealous !!!!

Lisa - they're just jealous ! Your weight loss is so obvious and you look so happy in your "after" pics !

Lisa hun, you are looking bubblicious and you should be so proud of yourself!!! You are a beautiful person and as Mixi said, it is only you that counts, not what everyone else does or doesn't say. Give yourself a huge pat on the back.

I have to say though, I know exactly how you feel, I have lost nearly 3 and a half stone and can really feel it in my clothes but until Saturday nobody had made any real comments about how different I looked. I saw a family member that I hadn't seen since before I had my op and she was absolutely gobsmacked, she said that she couldn't believe how well I looked. I felt like a million dollars all day after that!!

Keep up the good work sweetie. xxxxxx

Easy way out YEAH MY AR@E "" hun after meeting u last week and seeing ur pics WOW what a massive difference, u can see it all over,ur looking fab and doing fab so pls dont let anyone no matter who they are let u feel any different xxxx

Easy way out YEAH MY AR@E "" hun after meeting u last week and seeing ur pics WOW what a massive difference, u can see it all over,ur looking fab and doing fab so pls dont let anyone no matter who they are let u feel any different xxxx

Wow Roch you are looking good girl. Well done. xxxxxx

I dont know why people aint noticed hun as I can - but more than that - WOW how bloody gorgeous are you!? What a stunner :) You made me smile :) x

You look fab! just ignore it - no one outside of family commented on me losing weight till recently and I've lost 9 stone.
x

My you are gorgeous arent you!!! So very pretty xx
Firstly...I want to slap your fella for saying that, though I suppose he was seeing it from other peoples point of view and not actually his own, I still want to slap him.
I have lost 6st and I know that it is obvious from what family and friends have said to me, most of them actually rave about it lol But having said that, there are people where I work that I know have noticed the change but refuse to comment on it, more the *****y ones that would never condescend to compliment me, you can see by their faces that they can see it etc so I just think sod them!!!
You are looking so great hon, not only are you obviously slimmer but you were gorgeous before and now you are simply stunning...they are all just jealous!!!
Steph xx

Hey Lisa,

Only a blind man couldn't see you haven't lost weight! Love the pics btw, imho you look lovely in ALL your pics.

Can I ask, did you tell your work colleagues you were going for surgery? ...because a few things strike me here...
a) They don't know how to approach you to talk about the surgery and your weight loss so far (a bit like when someone dies...no-one knows what to say to you, so often they don't say anything at all for fear or upsetting you or making you uncomfortable)
b) I don't know your relationship with your work colleagues so I may be way off the mark...but have they always known you as the pretty, fat girl? It could be the person they saw you as made them feel 'better' about themselves, so seeing obviously successful weight loss post surgery may make them feel uncomfortable/envious?
c) As others posters have suggested, it could be when people see you every day, they simply don't notice for a while....in a month or 3 someone will 'see' you one day and suddenly exclaim: 'OMG, you've lost loads of weight...!!!'
It is an interesting situation though....have other posters found themselves subject to negative/oblivious situations like this?
Anyway, do not feel rubbish about your successful acheivement so far...good luck in your journey!

Considering you are only 8 weeks out Lisa , I think you are doing fabulously. There is a definate difference overall and your face looks so much brighter and slimmer! Just reading what Steph and the others have said I have to agree, you are BEAUTIFUL and as you continue on your journey you can only become more so! (I bet they have noticed and they can see what a stunner you are going to be).....I put it down to jealousy on their part hun! You carry on doing what you're meant to be doing and enjoying seeing the weight come off you because you DO look better...stuff that miserable lot at work x

Yes a very noticeable difference!
Trouble is, weight loss/gain is a very sensitive subject and I think people never know whether to mention it or not!
But you've done great so well done you x

x

Oh thank you so much everyone...I can't believe the number of people who stopped by to let me know their thoughts. Thank you - all your comments were really helpful and kind and I feel very supported by you all (some of you even bought me close to tears...I'm so silly).

I'm shocked to hear though how familiar it all is. I couldn't quite believe my eyes to read that some of you have lost 7, 8, 9, 10 stone and people still didn't say anything. What's wrong with people? I know everyone has their own issues but we're all human and should be able to get along nicely!

I spoke to a few friends at work about it today. Only a few of my colleagues know about the op and they said that other people have asked them questions instead of asking me...so perhaps they actually do notice and you're all right that they just don't want to ask, embarrass me, or are generally feeling a bit funny about it all for some reason.

I was very upset though for one of my very best friends at work. She's also a big girl and we've both battled through weight losses and gains for years together. Anyway, one of our 'not so tactful' colleagues said to her today "I see Lisa's loosing all her weight, what you doing about yours? Nothing I suppose?" She was so upset by it and so was I. I'd never really thought that would happen and was so shocked. I can't believe how rude she was to compare us like that and make her feel even more guilty and conscious of her size. I'm just very glad that my friend trusts me enough to tell me and that we had a chance to talk about it together.

Anyway thanks again everyone...you're all amazing and such lovely people x

I think you are looking wonderful -so I am not sure why people are not noticing.
However, you hang in there xx and keep up the good work x
Shells

Lisa i think your work colleague acted appallingly to your curvy friend. You must be a truly lovely person for her to be able to talk to you about what must have really made her feel awful and about 2 inches tall... Well done you xxx

Hi Lisa
OMG what is wrong with these people you look fabulous, and it really does notice especially in your face. Anyone who thinks you have taken the easy option just doesn't understand what you have been through.
As long as you are happy and you should be proud of yourself, i wouln't worry about others.
Keep up the good work, you are looking great.

Back