• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do you think? ok appointment done now update

Excellent news. I hope it goes really well.

I would point out the MASSIVE amount of weight you have lost and the fact that you probably have at least a stone of excess so then you BMI would be ok anyway, Play on the fact it is affecting you, dont say well i could live with it.........All the best Honey let us know how you get on!!!

ooh, very best of luck Janey. Going through this myself at the moment so will keep everything very tightly crossed for you hun x

Good luck with your appointment.
Hope you get a positive outcome cos you have done so well x

I am so pleased for you, you have worked so hard to get to this stage and you deserve to be able to finish your journey with some plastics :D Good luck hun X

Okay as i have now lost 21 stone and still weighing 12 stone 7 pounds with loads of excess skin what do you think my chances are of getting nhs funding for plastics on my arms and thighs. I could live with my body the way it is if i had to. I don't have skin problems just this ugly excess skin. What do you think ?:confused::confused::confused:

WELL APPOINTMENT OVER WITH MIXED FEELINGS REALLY. HE SAID ARMS ARE A DEFINATE NO NO AS THE GOVERMENT ARE DOING SO MANY CUTBACKS BUT SAID TO LEAVE IT 18 MONTHS AS SOME SKIN WILL SETTLE AND GOVERMENT FUNDING CHANGES. HE DID HOWEVER SAY YES TO A LOWER BODY LIFT WHICH SHOULD PULL SOME OF MY EXCESS SKIN OUT ON MY LEGS BUT I WILL STILL HAVE A LOT OF EXCESS SKIN THERE BUT DID NOT SAY THAT EXCESS SKIN SURGERY ON MY LEGS WAS DEFINATELY RULED OUT SO ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD OUTCOME AND THE WAY THE GOVERMENT FUNDING IS BEING PULLED AT THE MOMENT I COUNT MYSELF REALLY LUCKY THEY ARE PREPARED TO DO SOMETHING FOR ME. sO I AM NOW OFFICIALLY ON HIS WAITING LIST BUT THE APPOINTMENT WAS VERY EMBARRASING AND SOMETHING I DO NOT REALLY WANT TO GO THROUGH AGAIN. JANEY:eek::):eek:

Happy to hear you got some good news, such a shame that you couldnt get all the surgery that you wanted though. Maybe after you have had the lower body done the funding rules will change and you can apply again......fingers crossed for you hun :D X

Thanks for posting Janey. I have my consultation in less than a fortnight and am dreading it.

Which hospital have you been referred to hun?

Sounds like a good outcome to me Janey. I'm really pleased for you. xxx

That's great news Janey. Pity they wont do the arms though but also reasurring that they say the skin there may settle in time.

Hi Janey, just read your thread. Mixed emotions with this one! Really pleased about your great weight loss and all the hard work involved, but annoying that the NHS only partly funding the excess skin removal. Yes, some is better than none. but where does that leave you? I hope you cope ok and all goes well with future ops, thinking of you - Paul x

Hi Janey, just read your thread. Mixed emotions with this one! Really pleased about your great weight loss and all the hard work involved, but annoying that the NHS only partly funding the excess skin removal. Yes, some is better than none. but where does that leave you? I hope you cope ok and all goes well with future ops, thinking of you - Paul x

Hiya Paul i agree with you there mate i think for my arms and legs might have to go private when i can save the money up or should i say if i can save the money up. :(

Back