• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My RNY Bypass & Me this week

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Well today I'm 1 week post op :D:DWOW!! who'd have thought!

I have had a very easy ride so far and know that I am truly lucky and I would like to send my best wishes to anyone out there having a not so easy ride:) I hope you start to feel better really soon:love:

Since my op I have managed on 2 doses on paracetamol a day, although being a bit of a baby, I don't like the taste of the soluble stuff so have had Calpol six plus sugar free.

My intake has been fluids only and I've had all sorts really. Different flavours of oxo, soups, watery ones sieved. Juices - unsweetened, watered down a bit and milk.:D Oh and sugar free jelly

Tea doesn't taste very nice and I really need to get some smaller cups. I only manage about 1/4 of a small mug.

Yesterday I added a bit of curry paste to some soup that was scrummy, and strained a bit of yogurt. Also I sucked on a Laughing cow cheese lite triangle.:8855:

My teeth feel redundant and I pinched a piece of steak off my little girls plate on Sunday just to bite down on something sucked it dry and spat it out.:eek: Havent felt the need since:eek: TMI? Sorry!:)

Today I'm planning on introducing some runny puree food, I really fancy some mashed potato with lots of gravy and mint sauce:D

Noticed overnight that I can "feel myself going for a pee" if you know what I mean:sigh: So will be increasing my water intake from now on

Last night I gave myself my last fragmin injection of 6. :DI'm soooooo proud of myself.:D:DWell Done Me!!:D:D In truth the injecting didn't hurt, it just stings a bit afterwards

I've broken my first rule of not weighing myself until 6 weeks check up and got myself taken down to Boots.

:eek::eek::eek:OMG!!! I've lost 8lbs :eek::eek::eek:

I'm thrilled:D:D:D

Well done Sarah, I was 1 week post op on Monday and am just beginning to feel human again, more because I haven't been sleeping well than anything else. Glad everything going so well I also was going to wait for my check up to get weighed, but I got weighed on Monday and have lost 8lb too. I am on liquids until a week on Monday so am really jealous of your mashed potato it sounds gorgeous!

Zoe xx

Well done Sarah, I was 1 week post op on Monday and am just beginning to feel human again, more because I haven't been sleeping well than anything else. Glad everything going so well I also was going to wait for my check up to get weighed, but I got weighed on Monday and have lost 8lb too. I am on liquids until a week on Monday so am really jealous of your mashed potato it sounds gorgeous!

Zoe xx

Well done on your weight loss....fantastic feeling isn't it. :D:D:D

I wish you continued success that does sound a long time on liquids though. I'm really looking forward to it Mind you it's got to be very very runny!!

oh well done Sarah and Peachie :) its great to hear that you are doing so well, fantastic weight loss, jus imagine what you will be able to wear next summer!!!! omg! hahaha good luck girlies :) xxx

Hi Sarah, glad all has gone well. I too had a very easy ride - no complications, no pain etc.. and 4 months on have lost 5 stone and feel on top of the world - wish I had done this 20 years ago!!! Enjoy the ride xx

oh well done Sarah and Peachie :) its great to hear that you are doing so well, fantastic weight loss, jus imagine what you will be able to wear next summer!!!! omg! hahaha good luck girlies :) xxx

I'm so excited about losing weight for THIS christmas, I've been eyeing up outfits already:eek:

Hi Sarah, glad all has gone well. I too had a very easy ride - no complications, no pain etc.. and 4 months on have lost 5 stone and feel on top of the world - wish I had done this 20 years ago!!! Enjoy the ride xx

Thanks Ruth, I am glad I decided to go ahead with the surgery, I had my doubts about all that money...but already I'm glad I did.:D:D:D

4 months and 5 stone!!!! :eek: Thats amazing WELL DONE:D

12 days post op

Well the last few days have been ok, I have started introducing sloppy purees and have to say so far so good. I havent felt sick, a little light headed occassionally, but I think this maybe due to my BP medication or rather lack of it ( it takes 7 days for the pharmacy to get it so instead of running out I've reduced it down)

The weekend food intake went along the lines of 1/3rd of weetabix made very sloppy with milk and sweetener. An Aunt Bessies mashed potato circle with either gravy and mint sauce or tiny bit of curry paste and a tbs tinned stewed steak. Then I stewed an apple off our tree and thats been lovely esp with a tbs of low fat custard. Laughing cow lights are a new best friend as they can just be nibbled as a snack:D Also had a bit of tuna, light mayo & laughing cow (melted) and a bit of white balsamic - very tasty. Food sorted.:D:D:D:D

Fluids on the other hand not quite so easy to keep up. By time I've had my 200mls of milk.....wait......breakfast.....200 squash.....wait.....lunch......wait...etc etc I seem not to have enough time to drink a litre let alone two. I'm really not enjoying tea at the moment so on NAS ribena , fruit juice or milk. I'll keep sipping and hopefully it will improve, but I am waking in the night thirsty so I know I'm not getting enough in.:(

One of my dressings has fallen off. Underneath is the tiniest incision mark all nice and dry and clean:), will have to take care not to knock it or catch it on my clothes.

Thursday OH left our grand daughter(10months) with me for an hour. 2 1/2hrs later I had to call my daughter to come home as I'd managed to pull something in my tummy:cry: God it hurt!:cry: So I've been extra strict with myself since then. It serves me right, I thought I was ok and all healed, stupid woman:eek:, so now I'm sitting quietly making a bit of Jewellery to go on our Facebook page and doing little else:)

Couldn't resist jumping on the scales whilst in Boots another 5lbs gone Yay!!!!!:D:D:D:D

wow Sarah well done!!

A couple more food ideas for you (we're on the same stage I think)
- Cottage pie mushed up and chewed loads of times
-salmon flaked up, with aunt bessies pattys and a little mayo

Thats all I've tried so far and I've been keeping it down.

Did you find that where you injected was lumpy and sore after?

xxx

Thanks for those ideas, I have had tuna and quite fancy pilchards but not sure about the tomato sauce so will have to check the tin:)

I must admit the injections really did sting afterwards but I don't seem to have any lumps, just bruises where I did it.

One of my dressings came off today and it's the tiiest little insicion mark...I'm quite hopeful that when I get my all over tan no-one will notice them at all. NOT!:8855::8855:

Dumped - and I wont be doing that again !!

On Sat morning I dumped on tsp of low fat and low sugar peanut butter. I thought it would be an excellent source of protein.
1.5 hrs later felt "odd" went to the loo wasn't sure which end I wanted to use!!:eek:

A "wave" swept over me vision blurred and lost any sense of sound just a ringing noise.:wave_cry:
Completely passed out for about 15mins, came to in a cold sweat and shaking. Coloured green and terrible griping pains, couldnt move for 45 mins at all. Spent the next hour on and off the loo the crashed out for another 3 hours. Fortunately OH was home and could help me up the stairs

I didn't dare eat anything further and kept to squash. Sunday wasn't much better, felt absolutely shattered and kept to very sloppy food and fluids.

I did get a bit worried when I passed a bit of blood. Nurse said that it was very unlikely that I'd damaged myself but if it reoccured to contact them again - glad to report nothing more:eek:

I phoned the nurse Monday morning when I still had the griping pains, she told me that even packaging isn't always correct!!! What hope have we got:cry:

My episode wasn't helped because my blood pressure was too low due to my BP medication ( now been stopped by the Drs - after only 20 days!!! only good thing to say about the event)

After blood pressure check I popped into Boots and have lost 2lbs. Considering the weekend I'd had I was a bit surprised but hey any loss is good!!

Today (Tues) been much better although I tried to tidy my littlest bedroom , got halfway and had to stop as was shaking, so had a snack and felt better. Not ever feeling hungry is so strange and its so easy to forget to eat!!! Oh well I'll try to put up with it:8855:

take it easy Sarah, remember it's still early days yet and your body is stil adjusting to the change. It'll take a while but you'll be right in the end :)

4 weeks post op

Well I had an appointment with the dietician and surgeon yesterday. Both are very pleased with my progress and my weight loss.:D:D:D

I discussed my dumping episode with Mr Finlay and he said that I was on of the lucky ones as only a third of people dump!!!!!!!!!!! What!!!!:confused:

Then when I thought about it, he's right (why would I doubt my Demi God!!) now I know what will happen if I err, It will keep me on the straight and narrow - hopefully:) He did agree that my blood pressure being so low didn't help and advised me that if it happened again to lie down straight away - that will prevent me fainting

He said that I needed to get onto normal foods, that it would be difficult, but historically people that don't get this stage sorted are more likely to put weight back on. The reasoning - they stay on sloppy, slider foods that more often than not are not the most healthy choice and you can overeat as they go straight through.

So last night I had a slice of home roasted gammon, a poached egg (I only had the yolk) and a mashed potato patty ( I didn't have time to boil some potatos as I'd left it a bit late to eat:eek:) Absolutely delicious....REAL FOOD after only 4 weeks!!!!:D:D:D:D

This morning I had a soft boiled egg with marmite soldiers:D:D:D I am in heaven!!

I am going to attempt to put some photos on my profile later when my daughter gets here , I can't seem to work out how yet:confused:

Last week I went swimming with my little girl and it was lovely. I managed 4 widths, so was really pleased. I got a bit cold so thought I'd try the spa...NO!!! got a bit pummelled so had to get out

Anyway I'm really pleased week how this is going, weighed in at 17st 1lb so a loss of 5lbs this week:D:D:D:D

had to buy some clothes this week as I look ridiculous in my old clothes, down from size 24 to and 18 OMG!!!

A big well done to you Sarah...I can feel your excitement from here !

I'm really pleased for you that all has gone to plan.

Take Care

Andy x

money well spend,, i went private it was the best 10650 pounds i have ever spent also, you are doing so well you always know where we are for help and support xxxxxxxx

money well spend,, i went private it was the best 10650 pounds i have ever spent also, you are doing so well you always know where we are for help and support xxxxxxxx

I remember you kindly expressed this when I was in turmoil over spending that much on myself it was one of the things that spurred me on and again I thank you :)

Back