• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My RNY Bypass & Me this week

Yay!! Well done you!!! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

5 weeks and 2 days post

Well this week is Falmouth Oyster Festival and a very busy time for us as we have a stand there, this will be our 3rd year.

Yesterday I walked around the event and realised that previously I would have just grazed my way all the food stands calling in at the bars on route. I felt a bit of a twang inside, it must be said, at the thought that this wouldn't be possible now.:sigh:

I really love seafood and a decent glass of wine:)

I went home to my home made curry and rested as chasing around has wiped me out a bit this week

However today I have shared a lunch of Seafood Platter ( I had 3 small prawns, 2 Crevettes a tsp of crab meat and a mussel) He had the rest.:D

Then this evening we went to a restaurant and I ordered a med rare steak ( I told the chef I had a fat intolerance, he was lovely and offered me salad instead of fries etc but my little girl was sharing with me) They were all fantastic, plated the steak, mushroom and cherry toms together, then all the fried stuff was on another plate. They even made me a salad dressed with just lemon juice and balsamic - I couldn't have asked for better treatment:D:D:D

I managed about a matchbox sized piece of the steak, that was cooked to perfection, soft, moist and tender. About a quarter of a flat mushroom and a cherry tomato - delicious:D Youngest ate rest of steak and a few fries and eldest turned up and polished off the rest:eek:

My husband, I think has also been reassured as we would have done this before and are already doing our "normal" things - Fabulous:D Also I'm VERY cheap to run now:8855:

So Is there life after Bypass??? - you bet ya!! And I'm all ready to live it:D:D

As a minor aside I lost 3lb last week too!

Well done you!!! Xxx

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Back