• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hunger

I am 10 days post op and I haven't felt hunger yet either. In fact I forget to get my fluids down - must try harder!!

I'd say hunger came when I was back on regular food although I still can't eat more than 1/2 a small plate so I'm not worried about it! By the time I've had my protein I'm stuffed. Just had 100g chicken for dinner and half a broccoli florette! Taking leftover veg for lunch tomorrow...

I'd say hunger came when I was back on regular food although I still can't eat more than 1/2 a small plate so I'm not worried about it! By the time I've had my protein I'm stuffed. Just had 100g chicken for dinner and half a broccoli florette! Taking leftover veg for lunch tomorrow...

Oooo that sounds so good!! What did you eat in purée stage? I'm nervous!! X

I was hungry the day after op and it's been the same every day. Sometimes fluids does the trick and sometimes I take a rennie just in case it's acid, tho in never notice acid. Mostly I just have to eat :(

I was hungry the day after op and it's been the same every day. Sometimes fluids does the trick and sometimes I take a rennie just in case it's acid, tho in never notice acid. Mostly I just have to eat :(

What op did you have? I would be gutted :-(

The sleeve. I was annoyed for a while. I had really hoped that the hunger would have gone, was partly why I chose the sleeve. But it's still there and I've learnt to just live with it.

The sleeve. I was annoyed for a while. I had really hoped that the hunger would have gone, was partly why I chose the sleeve. But it's still there and I've learnt to just live with it.

I imagine everyone is different or is it surgeon dependant. Do you think some surgeons make the stomach smaller? I can't remember what hunger feels like

Vegas do you vomit if you eat or drink too quickly or is it like you never had the op? Maybe go in for a check up, not eating sounds like a bad plan :-(

Vegas do you vomit if you eat or drink too quickly or is it like you never had the op? Maybe go in for a check up, not eating sounds like a bad plan :-(

I don't vomit Stacey, I can pretty much eat at normal rate just smaller portions. I'm trying to learn my own full signals cos ATM they are elusive. I just make myself eat smaller portions. But I do think it's because I am used to band restriction and this type of restriction is far more subtle so just need to practice more. I've got appointments with surgeon and dietician so will discuss my concerns with them. In the mean time I've lost another 2 lbs this week so a total of 11 lbs in 8 weeks post op. Slow slow but loss anyway so feeling quite positive.

Slow and steady wins the race as they say! I have my first post op check up with surgeon next Thursday and I am really hoping to lose another 2.5kg by then so it will be 20kg since my op and 30 since January... I know that sounds insane, I just want nice round numbers because I feel like 17.5kg isn't enough but then I have to be realistic - there is no way I would have EVER stuck to a diet for 11 weeks and lost 17.5kg so I really should be kinder to myself.

When's your appointment? Hope it goes well X

Had appointment with dietician today who says everything is fine. My eating plan is ok, doing all the right things and better to lose the weight slowly as it's better for the skin and more likely to stay off in years ahead. Also she explained about the difference between losing body fat vs water, liver fats and protein. Body fat is the hardest to lose and more likely the one I am losing as I had lost a lot of the water, liver, pre op and with band over previous years. She wasn't concerned that I could eat at normal rate or that I could eat 'difficult' foods, she just seems to think I'm fortunate. So... Just need to watch portion size until I can recognise my full signs. So from 15 st 13 lbs to 14 4 lbs is not too bad with only a 10 day LSD and 8 weeks post op for a revision. ( sorry can't do kg)

I am 8 months post op and still don't hungry.

I am 3 years post op and have felt hunger from 3 weeks post op! It is quite normal :) x

Back