• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I’m so bleeming HUNGRY… What’s wrong with me?...

Anita75

First of all, apologies, this is my second ‘negative rant’ this week – promise to try to be more optimistic next time.

Ok… for some reason, since my last fill 3 weeks ago I’ve been mega hungry (have 5.5mls in a 9ml band) and I’m more hungry than ever – obviously, this means that I’m finding it ‘extra’ hard to stick to my ‘smaller’ portions (I don’t deal with hunger very well – hence having needed WLS)… and cause I’m so hungry, I’m more grumpy and irritable than usual.

Called the bariatric nurse this morning to ask whether she minded if I had a one off G.Band adjustment/fill with a ‘private’ provider (found a place that would do them for £125 a pop) – she advised against it. I did tell her that I was utterly miserable as finding it hard to stick to smaller portions (but don’t wanna revert back to big portions and run the risk of putting weight on, only to have to lose it again). She said she was sorry I was having such a difficult time, but to hold on in there, and do the best I can to get through the week, and that they would see me on Wednesday (a whole week from now – boooooooo!!!) for the adjustment.

I’m just wondering, have any of you become really hungry after so many fills? I thought that the more you had the less hungry you felt? What’s wrong with me?...

Hello there, the band does not stop you feeling hungry...it only restricts what you can eat.

You need to hit a sweet spot before getting the kind of restriction that allows you to eat very little and be satisfied with it.

You will get there, try not to worry so much...:eek::):):)

Hi Anita, are you eating dense enough foods?

I had this problem a few weeks ago and begged for another fill, they gave me 1ml two weeks after giving me 2mls as I had no restriction whatsoever, im definately having restriction now, not able to eat certain foods I was able to eat before and im getting fuller quicker. Try changing the foods you are eating ie less sauce etc and see if that makes a difference

Good luck x

Back