• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No 12

BeaBea

I’ve been around a bit more this week because I am off work with a really painful knee. I twisted it last week and today the GP signed me off yet another week. So, I decided to give the hospital a ring and see where I am on the waiting list. The secretary answered (for some reason she turns me into a burbling wreck as at times she can be quite sharp), I’m always polite but she gets me off guard. I don’t know why she does this to me LOL.

Anyway to cut a long story short I’m No 12 on the list and for the life of me and through no lack of subtle trying I couldn’t get her to say if this would be October or November or December even. Even so, it had the desired effect and cheered me up. I’m sure they must do more than one op a week, but if they don’t Xmas day is looking good for me LOL.

Just wondered if anyone else has an idea of roughly how many ops their individual hospitals did a week.

Well once again thanks for being there all of you, it will be nice when I can give something back and have some answers back from experience to post oppers as well.

sounds good to me - the do a few surgeries on one day dont they? you see people saying there 3rd on there days list so im presuming they do! not long now tho eh! xxxx are you at the next meeting at derby? x

ooh sounds like youll be getting either a phone call or a letter fairly soon then, congratulations, at least now the end is in site. hope youve got your bag packed hun. hugs x

Hi Keeley, I also thought I heard the secretary say that they might be putting on some more lists so keeping fingers crossed. I'm not going to another support meeting I don't think as I'm not so good night driving. I was lucky before because Karen took me and bought me back. I did try driving home from where she dropped me off but it got dark really quick and phew was I glad to get home in one piece. If I hear any more I'll let you know.

Oooo sounds interesting, I hope it is soon.

12th sounds great to me, even if it's only one a week that's not far off. Fingers crossed for a letter soon. Hope your knee's better soon :)

BeaBea really pleased for you - time will fly by. Bet you get your pre-op diet stuff in the next few weeks a seven at 2 a week you'll be done by xmas yay!!!!!!!!

linski xx

Back