• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am after some advice please!

Tiggerific

I Love my Bypass!
I am almost 1 year post op and have lost a staggering 8 stone 10 pounds :p

I still have quite a way to go to reach that elusive normal BMI but...................

I AM STUCK!!!! :eek: I have lost and gained the same damn 2lbs now for 4 weeks! I have upped fluids, upped protein, lowered intake, increased intake, you name it I have tried it!

I am very limited in physical activity because I have a huge incisional hernia (due to be repaired in August) and psoriatic arthritis in most joints. So exercise is very hit and miss. I know this is my next option. I do go swimming when I can but due to the psoriasis, chlorine and my skin are not the best of friends :sigh: and bike riding, jogging, weights etc are a no go for me :(

Anyone have any ideas on how to kick start the weight loss again??? :sign0009:

Eat more!

Strange as this sounds it worked for me, id increase my protein and just keep carbs low as I could. I'd have the weight dropping back off in no time. Things like beans on one toast in the morning, cheese, Ham, on crackers. Tuna mixed with mayo just eaten on its own! Latte as freely as I wanted. My reason for weight freeze was often because it was panicking and holding on to the calories.

xx

(I just re read your thread! You've tried the above, but I'll leave it on anyway)!!
Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hey Tiggs, shame your stalling :( try going back to liquids for a few days, lots of milk, meals etc, might help :) good luck mate xxx

Hi hun, have you thought of trying a slimming club? A few members on here found it really helped them get past a stall just because it changed how they were eating. Maybe worth a think?

Chair Marching ! It's the way to exercise when you have painful joints as it's non weight baring - just literally sit in the chair and march - arms back and forwards and knees up and down...20 seconds as fast as you can possibly go 20 seconds steady - 10 sets 3 times a day - the key is going at top rate then slow! My PT does it with all the elderly folk as it's gentle but effective and anyone can do it!
Good luck
xx

Eat more!

Strange as this sounds it worked for me, id increase my protein and just keep carbs low as I could. I'd have the weight dropping back off in no time. Things like beans on one toast in the morning, cheese, Ham, on crackers. Tuna mixed with mayo just eaten on its own! Latte as freely as I wanted. My reason for weight freeze was often because it was panicking and holding on to the calories.

xx

(I just re read your thread! You've tried the above, but I'll leave it on anyway)!!

Good advice x

Thank you all!!! I am on a mission, this will NOT beat me!!! :D xxxx

I'm with you there hun, done nothing for the last 2 weeks.....so hard this last bit! Not sure if I could do anymore! Oh well...fight the good fight n all that! :)

Me to, so near & yet do far. But I think it's just the same as any diet that you are nearing your goal on the last bit is the hardest, we focus on the goal so much & no longer needing to use the crutch of our diet. We are so excited yet so scared of that final step to success we subconsciously self sabotage. I think it's a mental block we need to work on but never do as we never think well make it & then when we almost do it scares us silly. We have a lot of final baggage to shed with the weight & it's tough that metaphorical crutch has been there for so long living without it & embracing the maintainence diet a whole new life is scarlet. I've not found the answer myself yet, lots of ideas on what to do but I'll get there eventually as will you, we'll sort our heads out & beat those final few pounds to ultimate success. Good luck

Back