• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just been banded !!!!!!

jinkles

Hi all. My name is Jenny and I was successfully banded yesterday at the Nuffield Hospital in Newcastle-under-Lyme (Staffs) by Mr Cheruvu and his team. I am a little sore but have managed to have a very runny 1/2 weetabix for breakfast and have just had a very small amount of chicken soup. I am soooo happy and relieved I've finally done it !!!!!:D

CONGRATS!!! Welcome to your new life post-op. Take good care of yourself & keep up posted as to how you are getting on.

Best wishes;)

yep, congrats indeed :) welcome back, tell us all about your surgery experience when you feel up to it, and hope you have a good recovery :)

:welcome2: hi jenny and welcome, congratulations on your wls, heres a slimmer 2009 on its way for you.

liz x

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

Congrats!!

Could you possibly do a daily diary on here starting with your surgery day? It would really be good for people going in for Gastric Band surgery as a lot of people on here have had bypass surgery.
It is also good for you to look back on when you are like skinny mini lol!

I am having a Gastric Band myself very soon.

Well done what a good start to 2009.

Hi and welcome to the losing side and to minis! I had the band done in July 08 - no regrets for me and nearly 5 stone off now. Very happy. Good luck with your journey, give yourself time to recover and any questions just shout - there will always be someone along ready to provide help and support xx

Hi welcome to minis I also had a band fitted in July there are quite a few banders on here who are always willing to give help, advice and encouragement.
Good Luck with everything xx

hi jenny, welcome to minis and well done on having your gastric band. I had mine fitted 8 weeks ago and have already lost nearly two stone. If you have any questions just ask. julie xx

hello

Hi and welcome to the losing side and to minis! I had the band done in July 08 - no regrets for me and nearly 5 stone off now. Very happy. Good luck with your journey, give yourself time to recover and any questions just shout - there will always be someone along ready to provide help and support xx
Hello alliecat, I am just in the middle reading ur diary on here I must say I am finding v.good reading. Well done on ur weight loss hope I do just as well !!!

Hi all. My name is Jenny and I was successfully banded yesterday at the Nuffield Hospital in Newcastle-under-Lyme (Staffs) by Mr Cheruvu and his team. I am a little sore but have managed to have a very runny 1/2 weetabix for breakfast and have just had a very small amount of chicken soup. I am soooo happy and relieved I've finally done it !!!!!:D

WOW Jenny - very brave :)

hope you're feelin OK and not too sore... good luck with your weight loss journey.........

lookin forward to hearin all about your success !

Debz xx

thKwwQgUjPfj6y.gif

and
Welcome.gif

Excellent, now you can join the losers on here:8855:

I'm not one :cry: as my band has a hole in it, but hopefully getting a new one soon.

Post-Op Day 2

Hi all, I am planning on doing some sort of a diary on here for all to read. I've never done anything like this before so bare with me.

I had quite an uncomfortable night, not being able to cutchy down into my usual sleeping position and woke up several times with 'wind' pains, decided to get up at 4am for pain relief. This was perhaps a bit of a mistake as it woke my 2 girls 4 yrs and 23mths. Needless to say I've had a pretty rotten day with having to cope with my discomfort and my childrens tired whinging and wanting my complete undivided attention, husband been very good tho!!!

I managed to eat 1/2 a weetabix with warm skimmed milk for breakfast (took 20mins to go down) had several small drinks throughout the day then managed a low cal cuppa soup at 4pm. and am currently having a small cup of low fat ovaltine. I DO NOT FEEL HUNGRY AT ALL WOW!!! Don't know how long this will last tho as I have no real restriction yet.

I have had to change 2 of my water-proof dressings 2day as they are still bleeding out a bit. The scar surrounding my port site is really uneven and 'puckered' anybody else had this???:)

Oh dear, but things change hunny, so dont despair....I'm sure your wounds will heal soon, it is early days yet, but if they do continue to leak, then seek the advice of your GP.

Great that you dont feel hungry, this is what its all about!!!!

I cant wait to feel that way again.

Good luck chick and dont forget to post about whats happening with you. xx

Hi Julieann

hi jenny, welcome to minis and well done on having your gastric band. I had mine fitted 8 weeks ago and have already lost nearly two stone. If you have any questions just ask. julie xx

Well done on ur weight loss so far. Could you tell me when u started to feel hungry or got ur appetite back after surgery. Also have u had ur first fill yet?:)

Back