• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am done!!

Dawn36

Like a Pheonix
Had my op yesterday morning and now home safe and sound. To be honest I dont think it has really sunk in that after all this stress, it is actually done!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:I have to keep telling myself it is real! Huge thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences, it made such a difference to know in advance, what to expect. Guess I had better start a diary...

Hi Dawn, i am so pleased for you, it's all over now and after all the stress you can now start reaping the rewards!!!

Good to hear your well enough already to post on here!

Congratulations on your forthcoming loss :)

All the best for a quick recovery :clap:

Great news Dawn:)
get plenty of rest and start your diary when you're feeling up to it

Good to hear your well enough already to post on here!

Congratulations on your forthcoming loss :)
thank you. As I was going to sleep I remember saying that I cant wait to tell everyone on the forum, that I am done..and it was the second thing I thought of when I woke up. The first was "what is that pain!"

Question. Are you out the day after your operation, with a bypass? I have to stay in for 5 days after mine.

Glad you're home safe and well, but make sure you drink plenty and rest plenty;):D

Question. Are you out the day after your operation, with a bypass? I have to stay in for 5 days after mine.
Yes, bypass was yesterday morning, spent one night in hosp and discharged this morning. I think there are others on here who have had the same surgeon, and also had just a one night stay.

Glad you're home safe and well, but make sure you drink plenty and rest plenty;):D
thank you it is so good to get help and advice from everyone. In between nodding off, I am sip-sip-sipping, although I think at one point I may have nodded off whilst sipping!

So here I am on day 3 and feel lousy. I had expected pain, and tiredness. The pain is backing off now, and I am still pretty sleepy but that's OK. What is really making me miserable is that my tummy feels like lead, full and heavy. I feel queasy, and sick.:cry: I am getting fluids in although it feels like my tummy is so bloated there is no room for fluids. I really hate the way I am feeling, it is making me so low. I know it is very early days so I do live in hope that this stage will soon pass. I am taking little strolls around the apartment to stay mobile and I have been having the odd sip of gripe water.

I am doing fine with the injections, although I am lucky that as I have diabetes, I am used to sticking needles in my tummy!

I loathe the Fastab, but I know it is for my own good so I persevere. :sign0137:

Tips: someone suggested using a V shaped pillow. You put one part between your legs and the other part supports your tummy. Brilliant, it works really well and I have been able to sleep on my side with no problems. Many thanks to whoever posted that idea.

I know I am whingeing, and I know this will pass, I am just feeling sorry for myself.

Glad it all done for you. Looking forward to hearing all about your weight loss. Good luck xx

Thank you so much for reporting your progress. Every bit of info you post will help someone else. Cant wait till im in your shoes(not the pain obv) Hope you feel better soon xx:D

Back