• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am getting very impatient

starry

HI All,

I know this is very ungrateful as I have the funding and lots are struggling so please forgive me in advance

but I am getting SO fed up..
I know it is a good hospital etc etc but it seems like this 6 months has taken forever still no appoinment and then who only kows how long for thw actual surgery.

I was very positive but I seemed to have slipped back into fat girl hide in the corner mode and I have to gout on friday night for bez friends birthday all my mates are gorge and skinny ( lovely gals behind me 100%) but i cant face another evening of feeling like that. Feeling paranoid everyones looking at me and making comments

sorry ungrateful I know stop whining now.

Hi there

Sorry that your feeling so frustrated at the moment, I really can understand it cause at times it really is a frustrating wait. Just hold onto the fact that it is so worthwhile waiting cause the end result will give you a brand new start and a new you who will never have to feel the way you felt when you were out the other night.

You could always give them a ring every so often just to keep reminding them that your there and waiting and your not going to go away. Might make you feel better.

Hugs to you and try not to get too down about it, maybe its easy for me to say cause I'm the other side of the wall but unfortunatly we have all been there and all had the weight, those that have had it done on the NHS anyway.

Alia xxx

hi starry just letting you know we're all here for you its ok to have a whinge and a moan, we've allm done it at some point. I know its easy to hide away from the world when we feel so low and hating ourselves, but you might enjoy yourself on friday having a laugh with girlfriends really does blow the cobwebs and those feelings of self loathing away.
As Alia said give them a ring and check on the progress of refferal and that you are willing to take any cancellations if they arise. Hope your feeling brighter soon.((((((HUGS))))))

HI All,

I know this is very ungrateful as I have the funding and lots are struggling so please forgive me in advance

I know it is a good hospital etc etc but it seems like this 6 months has taken forever still no appoinment and then who only kows how long for thw actual surgery.

I was very positive but I seemed to have slipped back into fat girl hide in the corner mode and I have to gout on friday night for bez friends birthday all my mates are gorge and skinny ( lovely gals behind me 100%) but i cant face another evening of feeling like that. Feeling paranoid everyones looking at me and making comments

we have all been there babe i think once you make the desition you want to just get on with it

It's tough waiting I did not have to wait as long as you but lord knows I am not blessed with patience...but hang on in there...just think one day your skinny mates could get fat but once you have had your op that will not happen to you again...the rewards at the end of the journey will be so worth it....we will keep you going so hang on in there...((hug))..xx

Hang on in there hun, I'm awaiting a bypass prob in April, and am getting very impatient today:(:(It's all part of the process I suppose:eek::eek:

starry
i got funding back in feb and am still waiting i am now on the surgery waiting list. it seems that life has been on hold for what seems like forever. how long has it taken you to reach your present weight and decide surgery was for a decision you wont have taken likely. just hang on in thier it going to happen my gp told me once you have had funding agreed they cant take it away. i believe that after 18 months you can go to any hospital you want so this would get them to pull their finger out as the dead line looms.
good luck on your journey
dave.

Gosh Dave it's almost a year:eek::eek:Did they give you any idea when your op is likely to be?:confused:

(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) to those who are waiting its a horrible time but hang on in there oh and nag nag and nag some more it does not harm to make yourself heard....xx

Oh, hun I really feel for you. I wish I had found this site when I first started my journey to wls. All the lovely people that suggest ringing up are right. My process took 18 months and I think some of it if not most of it could have been avoided if I had just picked up the phone and demanded status of my application along the way! I just sat back and let the process take forever because I was scared to rock the boat and get denied. I now know that it was silly to think that way, I had the right to know where I was in the process.

Chin up & make some calls. Even if it does not help the process along, at least you will know where you stand.

((((Hugs)))
Nic:rolleyes:

HI All,

I know exactly how you feel chucks and I'm almost there. Its blumin annoying cuz this is the beginning of the rest of your life and you just want it to happen. NOW. lol. Hope you hear something soon. x

Back