• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am so angry and have comfort ate today

ladylite

I am very disappointed with myself, I have been so angry today over a personal matter and it has made me comfort eat. Something that I thought has disappeared from my life, but it looks like it can still rear its ugly head.

I have eaten 3 chocolate biscuits, and a slice of bread with tomatoe ketchup, what a waste of space in my poor little stomach. Instead of eating healthly which I try hard to do most of the time I have wasted the little space I have on trash all because I am angry. Just wish I could go back and reverse it as I know it was silly.

Also I will have to be careful that I dont go down this path again and spoil this wonderful tool that I have been given.

Drat and double DRAT.

Hey, we all beat ourselves up occasionally. I'll let you into a secret.

I had a little warm pork pie from Morrisons today. Little old angelic me. I had a small pork pie because I was starving and not eaten since breakfast time.

I'm still walking the earth, no thunderbolt has got me :)

Yes I feel a little guilty, just like you. But I'm not going to make a habit of it as I'm sure you won't xx

Live and learn :)

we all do it we wouldn't be normal if we still didnt now and then even though we know we shouldn't

We all have days like that, we are only human after all

Just get up tomorrow and start afresh and dont look back, you slipped up and know what you did wrong but its not going to kill you also isn't it better you know you did it than do it and not realise...thats how old habits start back!

Tomorrow is a new day :)

Jaffa

Mary don't beat yourself up. In your previous life you'd have done more damage than that and not even realised what you were doing!

Hey, we all beat ourselves up occasionally. I'll let you into a secret.

I had a little warm pork pie from Morrisons today. Little old angelic me. I had a small pork pie because I was starving and not eaten since breakfast time.

I'm still walking the earth, no thunderbolt has got me :)

Yes I feel a little guilty, just like you. But I'm not going to make a habit of it as I'm sure you won't xx

Live and learn :)

Mickey, the only reason the thunderbolt hasn't struck you down yet is cos you're too blooming fast on your bike! Slow down at your peril lol x

we all have good and bad days, i have 2 two word phrases, "hey ho" & "**** it", and as the forum will blank one of the words out, you'll know what it says, don't beat yourself up over it, it's happened now, turn the page, and start afresh, it's no great shakes, the guilt will pass, learn from that feeling ;)

Hi hun please go easy on your self its not the end of the world so what you had some biscuits i don't deny my self of anything if i feel like it i have a little of it try not to feel bad hun tomorrow's a another day..take care smile.xx

Thanks folks, I am feeling a lot better today, things just got to me yesterday.

Anyway I didnt need to felt guilty cause I paid for it last night as I also had half a bottle of wine. I was sick and on the loo having a poo all night (I'm a poet and dont know it - LOL). Paid for my sins........he he.

Back on track today and vowed not to do it again. It wasnt what I ate it was because I ate for emotion, I am gonna try and find another way to cope with them as a must.

Any thanks for your encouragement.

Well done Mary, you seem to have got your head in the right place again, none of us are never going to make mistakes again, so we should be a little easier on ourselves when they happen. :D X

Mary i recommend sex or shopping! And as the Next at least 50% off sale has started then go for the latter :)

Seriously we do need to find new coping mechanisms for our stress, food is not the panacea for all ills now as it was pre op!

I like the idea of sex, but I think I am wearing the OLD man out...... LOL

Never ever thought of going to Next. whoo hooo what a great idea.:)

I am very disappointed with myself, I have been so angry today over a personal matter and it has made me comfort eat. Something that I thought has disappeared from my life, but it looks like it can still rear its ugly head.

I have eaten 3 chocolate biscuits, and a slice of bread with tomatoe ketchup, what a waste of space in my poor little stomach. Instead of eating healthly which I try hard to do most of the time I have wasted the little space I have on trash all because I am angry. Just wish I could go back and reverse it as I know it was silly.

Also I will have to be careful that I dont go down this path again and spoil this wonderful tool that I have been given.

Drat and double DRAT.

Hi Mary, we all have days like this. The important thing, though, and probably a change from the past is that you recognised that it was purely comfort eating and the fact that you were disappointed in yourself will keep you on track the next time. All addiction treatment starts with recognising that fact and then you are halfway there. I think you won't have the same trouble as you did pre-op because you are so aware that it could rear its ugly head. Half the battle with our food issues is in our head and awareness is a great way to tackle it. Don't beat yourself up about it, everyone is allowed to have a moment of weakness before moving on :)

Back