• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I confess but am going to change....

phatmomma

I'm here to confess to something i hadn't even realised myself.... I've been kinda avoiding protein that leaves my pouch really feeling the restriction! You know fish (without sauce), canned fish, meat (oven baked that's a bit drier) like chicken. I've been going for easier options and i've only realised it over the last few days. I noticed i could eat what seems to be so much more than other people and this is the reason. Cheese on toast does not fill me for as long as eating some nice roast chicken does, neither does it make my pouch 'hard' which to me means WHOA STOP EATING! So no more easy options, am going to try the hard way again and get my calorific intake down and my protein intake up! Time to think before i pop it in i guess.............

Thanks for listening..

Bless you, well done for realising. I think bad eating habits are so ingrained in some of us, we can actually 'forget' how to eat healthily. I know I can.

Best wishes with your new regime and determination. May you find it pays HUGE dividends. xxx

and whilst we're confessing....even though I'm struggling to eat, I've been nibbling on French Fries or Quavers the past few days.:eek: They're so easy to get down....but what the heck am I doing shoving empty calories in my face when I NEED protein?!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I shall try to replace empty snack calories with yoghurt, babybel light, milk, or something similar.
The pledge is taken!:D

Wise words Julie. It is so easy to get into the same old routines. Anything for the easy ife, but it's good that you've realised this and the change to more restriction making foods will be good for you in the long term. xx

Oh what a journey we are on aye Julie. Learning how to make the best of this is part of the trip.

Go for it hun...... xxxxxx

Thank you, although i was still going for protein i was going for 'easy' protein xxx

Ditto Julie I've been eating a lot of stews so I get meat and veg all at once but was felling hungry before next meal. So from Tuesday I've been having firm protein with no sauce and my god I can feel the restriction and the uncomfortablke feeling yippeeeeeeeeee

I sooo know what you mean, hun!

It is so easy to have soup, carbs etc., foods which don't restrict your pouch! I can have a normal portion of soup, yet I can have just one slice of roasted chicken....

Well sone hun for admiting it to yourself!

well done for noticing, not only that i bet you have made a few people realise what they were doing too after reading this, so you have done a great thing today....give that back a big pat xxxxxx

Hi Julie, you are so positive and always optimistic... go for it in your usual way Angel xxx

Back