• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I could get used to this!

dinkydink

I've been on this journey for a few months now and no one has really commented on my weight loss even though i lost a lot to start with then it slowed right down. Anyways, its started to come off again now, yay. The weird thing is the last week almost everyone I see is commenting on my loss! I thought i'd share some comments firstly to remember them on down days and secondly as maybe an inspiration if anyone is wondering if its worth it :p Maybe people could share their compliments too?? :D

1. OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!!
2. You are disappearing! you are half the woman you were!
3. You look so trim!
4. I didn't recognise you, you look stunning!
5. How much weight have you lost?? A lot!!?? Not that you were big before but you look like you've lost tonnes! (charming!!)
6. Wow you look amazing!
7. Such a beautiful shape is emerging!

I've also noticed that i'm not invisible anymore, starngers smile and talk to me.. this is the best bit I think, apart from my jeans nearly falling down in the supermarket because they are too big!!!!!! :D

Fab... I've had..

1. F**k me, I didn't recognise you! (off my brother-in-law in Asda)
2. Are you losing weight? You look different
3. You'll soon wear jeans and normal clothes now you're slimming
4. You don't wanna lose too much more or you'll change (I'm still size 18!)

The best ones....
1. Wow, you look so beautiful. (from my hubby when we were going out)
2. Mam, you're slim now so you don't wobble anymore (my 5yr old son)
3. You don't need big knickers anymore, do you Mam... (my 7yr old daughter)

All made me feel great.

I have had strange reactions, I find that women seem to be reluctant to say too much (close friends are fine but people who are passing acquaintances!!)

Men seem to notice more and they often say something so far I have had...

1. you look different have you changed your hair??
2. Bloody hell you are disappearing!!
3. This is the best one, I was approached by a bloke who was a boyfriend 35 years ago, he put his arm around me and kissed my cheek saying that I looked gorgeous!!!

Its nice!

That's fantastic. The nicest things that get said to me are on here :) I've still a long way to go though but I did put a new picture of me on facebook the other day and a friend said I looked beautiful so that was a good feeling. Looking forward to more, never hurts to get some compliments. Especially after so long without them xx

You look beautiful shelley! The compliments will start to come thick and fast it tdkes some getting used to! I also had a draught of compliments and attention xx

stop wearing 'fat clothes'and people will soon see the new you emerging!

Yes that is true we are so used to wearing safe clothes that when we look for new ones we still look for safe things, I tend to take my daughter now she helps me decide, and makes me a bit more trendy. I have seen alot of people since losing weight from my op a year ago and some people don't recognise me, a friend of ours pulled up in the car as they were driving passed it slowed dowm then carried on then they looked back n stopped, they said eeh we didn't realise it was you you are so narrow from the back. Its knowing what to say I think we get embarassed early on because we are not used to it or think some one is taking the p***, but I just say thankyou now and smile sweetly, I still have a fair bit of weight to lose and I have to look twice at photos of me now make syou feel great and puts a spring in your step x

Back