• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

on puree since friday and being sick?

joylouise

Hi im not doing too good folks, i can manage my brecky of really mushy weetabix but other stuff coming up. Im in pain now, it really hurts from being sick and i dread eating to the point that ive gone back to soup but i cant live on soup forever!

Im so tired, in fact exhausted is probably a better word for it, i have teething twins and my period was a bi*ch this month and i cant even eat chocolate to make it that bit better!

Looking back on that last sentence i see how daft it looks but i feel so depressed and food was my only comfort and now i have sweet FA.

Oh hun I feel for you so much because that was me a few weeks ago. I was so low and I hated purees, they made me heave.

I went back to fluids for a few days following the advice of my dietician (it gave my pouch a chance to heal) and then when I did pureed I just stuck to weetabix, porridge, mash with lots of gravy/sauce and low sugar custard. I just could not stomach anything else.

Good luck hun.

Aw you poor thing, Purees dont agree with a lot of people by the look of it! I seem to be doing ok but I am only having weetabix, porridge, pureed chicken and mashed potato and veg with loads of gravy. I think if your pouch is sore the best thig to do it go back on liquids till it feels better. Maybe phone your team and see if they say you can try moving on to the next stage a bit early? I hope you feel better soon ..... try and stay positive, like the teething it wont last forever (it just feels like it) ((HUGS)) XX

Thanks Karen, thank god im not being a drama queen and its not just me that has this. I think ill go back onto soup cos im in real pain, a bit like it was after the op so im not gonna risk damaging my pouch. xx

GO BACK A STEP! Give your baby pouch time to heal and stick with fluids and soups and protein shakes, and yoghurts and cottage cheese for a few days...if your still being sick on fluids it could be something sinister.
Remember to sip sip sip and chew chew chew...even the teeny tiny bit on puree need to be chewed. Remember to put your spoon down after every mouthful, give it a min and see how you feel before taking another bite. Slowly slowly x

You'll be fine in time hun. I was so low I was in tears daily and didn't believe I would ever be on normal foods again. Now (7 weeks out) the only things I can't eat are fish and dry chicken breast.

I echo everything everyone else has said. But if it's no better, ring your team. you shouldn't be feeling like this.

Back