• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE....

My mother has told me all my life that I have such a pretty face its a shame about the rest of me. I'm sure she does n't realise the damage her saying that has done but its with me every single day. :cry:

Add on top of that a super morbidly obese person who has become disabled by her size and hear the comments about that.

I've have only ever once reacted to a comment about my size and that was when I was around 20 and pregnant with my first daughter. My husband was skinny beyond words and we were walking through a supermarket car park and I was pushing the trolley and there was a group of young lads behind us and one of them made a comment like 'look at the size of that arse'... I grabbed my handbag and moved as fast as I could and the unsuspecting thug had it wrapped around his head a few times and dam did I feel better.

The world would be such a nicer place if people accepted each other for what they are and not what they look like or how much they weigh.

When I was a kid - early teens - I had a 'well-meaning' teacher that used to say "you're so pretty & I bet you have great cheekbones under there!" ... Of course, almost 30 years later, I've found she is right! But still!!! :confused::mad:

has any one heard the new advert for total fitness. Its the song sweet sugar dumpling and starts hey fatty bum bum. On principle i wouldnt join as i find it so offending that they as a company feel that they can treat people in such a insensitive way. Its no wonder people have such big hangups about their size cause since when did you have to be fat to get fit.

I never watch ads, I press the magic button aka mute as soon as they come on. ;)

I was told recently by a guy at work that if I was slim he'd leave his wife for me - he actually thought that was a compliment! His poor wife! I laughed and reminded him that I was attached - if I didn't work with him I'd have given him such a lecture but I bit my tongue!!!! Grrrrr!
Lxx

I was told recently by a guy at work that if I was slim he'd leave his wife for me - he actually thought that was a compliment! His poor wife! I laughed and reminded him that I was attached - if I didn't work with him I'd have given him such a lecture but I bit my tongue!!!! Grrrrr!
Lxx

Blimey what a jerk! I'd of replied by asking what on earth made him think I'd want him to? Remind him I have standards and that he is waaaayyy below them, and then ask him if he is familiar with sexual harrassment legislation! :D

Blimey what a jerk! I'd of replied by asking what on earth made him think I'd want him to? Remind him I have standards and that he is waaaayyy below them, and then ask him if he is familiar with sexual harrassment legislation! :D

That would have been a good one! Don't you hate it when you walk away and suddenly think of all the smart replies? LOL :D

What a blumin cheek! doe's he think that because you are a big girl, that makes you desperate for male attention!! I think I would of told him to go f**? himself! lol, I have had a giggle at what shel wrote! Damn right with the sexual harrasment legislation!!!

well i know to you all
my "friends" all sang hey fatty bum bum as i was walking out of the hippy a few weeks ago I woudl nto mind i had gone in for one of my daughters dinner. When i told another friend she was mortified at what they had said which made it all then hit home. I woudl nto mind one of my friends is only 2 stone lighter than me which still makes her very obese.
another friend commented about how pretty I am and at least I always have a smile on my face - then i just felt simple !!! lol
I watch films and one i watched just last night was about a guy who dates lots of women and they think he is a lucky harm as they then marry there perfect man well he wanted to test it s chose this hugely obese woman to try it out on saying that no one woudl ever marry her.
I just felt crap...notthat i am as big as her (I dont think) but that is how the world see's people.
My hubby said to me last night also that when i have had my band and am thin etc etc... will i start going out with my friends drinking etc... he meant kopping off LOL
I said no I wont have time he will be too busy taking me round teh trafford centre buying me nice clothes miss sixty jeans and showing me off !!!!! he turned around and said I will show you off anyday big or small I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
to me that says it all but my reply was You will love me more when I am thin. The look he gave me was no I couldnt. bless xxx

well i know to you all
my "friends" all sang hey fatty bum bum as i was walking out of the hippy a few weeks ago I woudl nto mind i had gone in for one of my daughters dinner. When i told another friend she was mortified at what they had said which made it all then hit home. I woudl nto mind one of my friends is only 2 stone lighter than me which still makes her very obese.
another friend commented about how pretty I am and at least I always have a smile on my face - then i just felt simple !!! lol
I watch films and one i watched just last night was about a guy who dates lots of women and they think he is a lucky harm as they then marry there perfect man well he wanted to test it s chose this hugely obese woman to try it out on saying that no one woudl ever marry her.
I just felt crap...notthat i am as big as her (I dont think) but that is how the world see's people.
My hubby said to me last night also that when i have had my band and am thin etc etc... will i start going out with my friends drinking etc... he meant kopping off LOL
I said no I wont have time he will be too busy taking me round teh trafford centre buying me nice clothes miss sixty jeans and showing me off !!!!! he turned around and said I will show you off anyday big or small I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
to me that says it all but my reply was You will love me more when I am thin. The look he gave me was no I couldnt. bless xxx
Ahhhh thats really sweet what your hubby said..bless him! I totally agree with having no time for anything but clothes shopping when your thin. I want a pair of designer jeans soooo bad! lol

Back