• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I HAVE MY DATE WHOOOP WHOOOP!!!

Hi Everyone,

The clues in the title................. i have may date and its the 14th February, Valentines Day (Arrr) That has gotta be the best present ever.
:cupid:
I went to my diabetic clinic this morning & was booked on the DAFNE course on the 14th February so that i will be able better to control my diabetes after surgery (as im type 1 not 2 i will always have to inject insulin). I was asked to go to pharmcy and collect my new insulin, which i did. On the way up i passed the chapel and i thought i would sit for 5 mins and have a think as things have been overwhelming lately.

I was diagnosed diabetic after i lost my sight over a 4 week period last june after 3 years of chronic pancreatitis and acute pancreatitis which left me in the High Dependency Unit.

I was then informed by genetics that after my grandmother, mother and then 43 year old sister last year had cancer that we have a mutuant cancer gene and i was offered my ovaries out and a double mastecomy but because i was a big girl i wouldnt be able to have the risk reduction surgery until i had lost the weight, hence the WL surgery.

So i had my ovaries out last october which thru me straight into the menopause (NICE!!) ive turned into my mum overnight. I constantly ask things like " Can you pass me the thingy from the whatsit " & my 5 year old finishes my sentences. Anyway i cant have HRT until the boobies go and the boobies cant go until the weight goes!!!!!

:cupid: So my date has arrive 14TH FEBRUARY 2011:cupid:

Thank you all for all your helpful caring kind sensitive heartfelt replies, emails etc

You really feel a true sense of belonging on this site. You have all made the journey soooooooooooo bareable because no one understands unless your living it.

Does anyone know how i change my user name (nothing to like anymore) as i need positivity from now on, i know that now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Claire so pleased for you!After all that you have gone through this will indeed be an answer to all your prayers.Drastic steps I know but so worth it to see your child grow.Best love to you and yours.Maz x

well done girl all the very best
regards steve

wow, what a journey you have been on with health.

Im so pleased that you now have a date to focus on. all the best

You are going through the mill chick aren't you, so good that you are being positive though, lots of luck and love xxx

If i could come round and hug you all i would (ps dont normally do that kinda thing lol) You know when you get good news and you think ooo i cant wait to tell your mum, sister hubby etc well i couldnt wait to get back and tell you all. Every time i read a "ive got my date" thread it gave me happiness for another person who i knew like me REALLY needed this and it also gave me hope that i could be soon.

Thank you thank you thank you :thankyou:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwww Claire what can i say? Im so truly happy for you sweetheart and this is fantastic news for you.
You are so brave and this op has come just at the right time for you.
Can you believe we are going through together almost? hahaha.
When do you start your milk diet or are you on a special diet for diabetes?

Thinking of you lovey....Yipppeeeeee xxxx

I start my milk diet on friday. Never thought i would be this happy about drinking milk. They are ajusting my insulin so i will be ok. Thanks sugga i pm'd you earlier i hope you got my message.
i going thru a stunned phase now. i keep looking at my email and smiling i dont kow what else to do.

Anne email me and said the letter would be with me 2moro and i should start the milk diet on friday arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh im having WL surgery x x x x x x x x x x x

Yay!! Congratulations!!!! X

Oh My you have really been through it havent you. Well you are right you now have 'everything to look forward to . .' Claire, and I think that should be your new name!! I think you are one brave lady and I do hope that all goes well for you. I laughed at your comment about turning into your mum overnight . . dont worry I am the same and have not had my ovaries removed!!!

I think you are amazing and truly deserving of the surgery and a long and happy life with your family. Hugs xxxx

Very pleased about your date. What a brilliant date to have your surgery and one you will remember.

thats great news xxxx

Excellent news!!! Congratulations! xx

Back