• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Know I know I know............

rickysmrs

But ive got the doom lurking over me..........I know most peeps go through this before surgery and it will pass. Ive just had very stressfull couple of weeks with my son refusing home tutoring he has mental health probs and keeps threatening to end his life all "because he cant be bothered"..............well as you can imagine with the extra stress anyone asking me how I am last few days ive just burst out crying. I cant help panicking about the what ifs, how will my son cope with out me.

:cry:I just keep bottleing it all in n poor hubby cant talk to me without me either crying or snapping.

Well I needed to get it off my chest so to speak so im hoping putting on here will relieve the pressure. :wave_cry:

Chin up hun and have a cyber hug from me. It is a very emotional time for you and your sons illness cannot help but impact on you. I hope he is getting the right support because CAHMS services are still a bit hit and miss.
You know you need to have your op now and that in the long run your son will benefit too. After the initial recovery you'll be able to support him so much more effectively you'll be surprised.
Can't deny there are risks, but in the scheme of things they are very small indeed. Try and get some rest if you can. You need your strength just now
xx

HI somtimes just being able to say it to others helps knowing thta some one is there to listen who can sympathise and not judge. My son was dyspraxic but at one poin thtought he could have ADHD but doc said no, very little extra helpa t school. Bullied on occasions, I did lot of voluntary youth work trying to help others, which I did successfully but dealing with ones own is a different kettle of fish, sometimes we are too close to make that change and others have to step in. YOu are doing the right things, its just a fine line we walk and egg shell like existence at times. Our son wen tto join the army but leading upto that point we fought every morning, I found my self restraining him at times, he used to get soo angry, it is typical of some boys, alot of his was frustration, he is very bright orally just getting stuff down on paper. They discharged hom frpom the army after bout 3 or 4 weeks, I was gutted didnt even want him back home. He had put me through soo much, but back he came. He is now 24 and lives with his girlfriend, struggles sometimes with cash but other than that has always worked and leads a nrmal life. THINGS CAN COME ROUND FULL CIRCLE. iT WILL BE OK. Go n have your op that will be your ME TIME. It will keep you occupied anyway stop you worrying biut the op on the plus side. Stay strong. Keep shouting for help, talk to us on here, get on the phone to Cahms or who ever is dealing with this problem. I have just been made redundant from my local comp, i have worked with a lot of young people in similar situations. I am now starting a new job working with 16-25 yearolds, so will be more of the same for me. How old is your son? Take care, keep talking, stay strong make a list of 10 things to be thankful for each day, may sound silly but it helps. xx

This is so normal! Don't panic you'll soon be on the other side :)

Thanks guys feel much better today xx

Aw mrsricky.. Heaps of hugs to you. xxx:vibes:sending you positive thoughts to you.
Kat xx

(((BIG HUGS))) little lady. Hope to see you soon. Good night and God bless. Hope I don't dream of cup cakes tonight ¯\_(?)_/¯

Regarding son Samsara no got a big meeting re his education tomorrow. But me yeah im fine now and ive been able to talk to hubby on our own aswell ............he just laughed and said dont be so silly your gonna be fine :). Hope your on the mend samsara. (my fav perfume lol) xx

Bless you, I wish I was close enough to give you a huge hug x

I too am consumed by nerves, I have brief moments of excitement but all in all I am feeling doom as in will I survive the surgery, will I have any complications, I have sleep apnoea and am terrified I will stop breathing!

Reading the responses on this forum is helping and I a hoping by 21st May I will have calmed down a little, thanks for all the support so far, I will keep reading in the hope I don't go totally insane and cancel the operation!

x

Hiya Gems it will pass believe me im living proof lol im on daysix of my pre-op have myop on Tues looking forward to it so much now just want it over n done with so I can start enjoying a healthier lifestyle. Is there anyone you can talktoo one to one?? It helped me I had a weightloss buddy from here that lives 10-15mins away so because I couldnt get my hubby on his own I text her and she was my earth angel and helped me through the doom. :) Good luck hunnie you can always send me a private message if you dont want to put your feelings on the public forum hun im here. xx

Hiya Gems it will pass believe me im living proof lol im on daysix of my pre-op have myop on Tues looking forward to it so much now just want it over n done with so I can start enjoying a healthier lifestyle. Is there anyone you can talktoo one to one?? It helped me I had a weightloss buddy from here that lives 10-15mins away so because I couldnt get my hubby on his own I text her and she was my earth angel and helped me through the doom. :) Good luck hunnie you can always send me a private message if you dont want to put your feelings on the public forum hun im here. xx

Oh thanks so much rickysmrs, its so nice to know that other people are going through the same thing, I am sure I will get over the nerves and get excited, I will be thinking of you on Tuesday, here's to being on the other side!!

:)

Back