• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dixie's New Journey in Sussex

OMG I GOT APPROVED.......long day but I got approved to have a Gastric Bypass and I am now on the 6 month waiting list .I'm so so excited and the team at St richards in Chichester were just amazing especially Harry the Consultant he was wonderful and so informative ...my husband came and joined me at all my appointments with the team and asked questions and he feels better now he knows more about everything I think his mind has been put at rest.
Wow what a day ....Some changes I have to start implementing is to separate food and drink as that's a big one for me I always drink at least a pint of water with my meals so need to start stopping that and wait 30 mins after eating until I drink and also to stop the crisps...lol and to slow down and make my meal take 30 mins to eat. so just starting that tonight.

Well done lovely. I'm so happy for you. The good news is we can do it together, as our surgeries won't be very far apart :)

Congrats, all the best with it.

thanks for the link, interesting read

Just got back from seeing my parents and brother and sister in law and we spoke in length about my MDT day and my approval for the RNY ...I went through the day with them and my questions and the answers explained all the surgery complications etc and they totally can understand ... my sis in law who.is a pediatric nurse totally gets why I woukd want this and has always been supportive right from the very begining of my journey but my parents have been apprehensive to say the least but after today they understand so much more and get the whole reason behind why I want to go through with this ....I'm so pleased they are now totally behind me along with my husband ..to me this was very important I my decision to go ahead. x

Well today I.spoke to my gyne consultant to book appointment to see him after I've had a scan next week to see what's going on ...few years ago I had very heavy bleeds and after some investigation I was found to have pre cancerous cells in lining of my womb caused be perfect environment from thickening and folds in womb so I had to have a hysetroscopy I thunk it's called basically d and c to remove and since then I've been taking norethisterone tablets 21 days a month as my progesterone levels are low amd that's what causes the condition so it's like a preventative ...I need to discuss with him taking me off these prior to.surgery amd hopefully the weight loss post op will change my hormone levels and I may not need these any more ...does anyone else have similar experiences of this...I've also booked appointment with my GP after seeing my Gyne consultant as think it may be good.idea to talk to him and discuss my bypass surgery with him ...have you all done this ? I'm not sure if I'm doing right thing I just gather if I talk to GP he will be on.board from begining as I've changed GP since I had referall from it her one initially xxx

been watching 600lb lives .. .scary but interesting ....one I just watched showed lady who got to surgery and couldn't have bypass as her liver was too enlarged so ended up having sleeve instead....I'm definately sticking as much as possible to milk diet before I would be so upset if that happened to me xx

lol just keep waffling on to myself ...mind you nothing new there....I want to be able to look back at my thoughts and feelings during my journey so I think I'll just keep going....so I seem to be all consumed with this at the moment ck st entry reading everyone's posts and answering where I can and looking up things on the Web ...I'm starting to write stuff in a notebook that may be of use or interest later in my journey....I have my client in on Saturday for her hair she has had a bypass and is now 18 months down the road and looks and feels fantastic it will be nice to share my feelings and experiences with her ...so now off to work the girls are being so very supportive which is great although I wonder of a couple of them it's more curiosity than genuine support but that's just me being cynical I guess.....ok over and out for now have a lovely happy day everyone xxxxx

Curiosity is natural, I've had a lot of that. I don't mind, I'm open and answer their questions with a smile. It's natural really. I'd much rather they asked than speculated when I wasn't there.

lol just keep waffling on to myself ...mind you nothing new there....I want to be able to look back at my thoughts and feelings during my journey so I think I'll just keep going....so I seem to be all consumed with this at the moment ck st entry reading everyone's posts and answering where I can and looking up things on the Web ...I'm starting to write stuff in a notebook that may be of use or interest later in my journey....I have my client in on Saturday for her hair she has had a bypass and is now 18 months down the road and looks and feels fantastic it will be nice to share my feelings and experiences with her ...so now off to work the girls are being so very supportive which is great although I wonder of a couple of them it's more curiosity than genuine support but that's just me being cynical I guess.....ok over and out for now have a lovely happy day everyone xxxxx

Hi tutu - first of all welcome back after your long wait and congratulations on get the GO AHEAD for the surgery brilliant news! Definitely agree with you on researching everything as it will all be worth it in the end. I think I've read countless diary entries on here and different sites to get an idea of what to expect etc. So very exciting times ahead of you! Well done on getting in the right head space regarding the food and drink situation - probably best to start implementing it now.

Take care. x

I am forever waffling about stuff in my diary so don't worry about it , that's what a diarys for ! One day you will be able to look back and see what a wonderful path you have travelled :)

A couple of people have asked every question under the sun about my op .. Its genuine curiosity I think , they want to understand which is a good thing , then they can never make things up ..
Xxx

thanks girls hope your both doing ok ....it was very surreal at work yesterday one client asked how I got on last week at MDT I couldn't not reply but we had two other clients in that are quite forthright and nosey anyway I told my client I got approval and then she asked lots of other questions up **** was other ladies cottoned on and I ended up with whole salon talking about me and wanting to know all about it . gosh I felt very vulnerable and exposed anyway I guess that they will all know eventually as I'll be off for a while etc etc and unfortunately in the dort if environment that I work it's not something that you could keep to yourself and to be honest I don't mind them knowing it just felt surreal that the whole focus was on me still spose I better get used to that for a bit ...lol one lady started to make comments like we'll that will be easier than dieting and cutting down on food etc won't it ...not her actual words but something like that so straight away I put her right saying I've heard some people say weight loss surgery is easy option but I'm telling you it isn't it'd hard hard work it's a tool to help you but your whole way of eating has to change and it's hard work ....needless to say this lady was skinny never been overweight in her life cos I asked her ....NO IDEA on our struggles.
hey ho interesting hearing people's views though and nice when people are really supportive xx

lol just realised I must have written up S H I T ...instead of shot and it's **** it our ....hahaha

Back