• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i love puree'd food

tink1974

Well my 1st day on pureed food is now over. Oh i never thought i would be so excited about eating sloppy food lol.

Started off with weetabix in lots of milk - dont think I even managed 1/2 weetabix. Had a low fat custard for my snack, then had 1 desertspoon mash, 1 spoon veg, a wee bit of the soft part of kippers and gravy pureed for my lunch... so tasty.
I had a mueller light and couldnt finish it and then for dinner i had 1 spoon mash, 1 spoon veg and 2 swedish meatballs pureed with gravy.

I managed everything ok, although I have to say I was a bit anxious about starting puree after my liquids. Just had a few tummy gurgles.

Heres to day 2! lol

I loved purees too, for a few days lol.....anything tastes yummy after weeks of liquids :D No really, Im just kidding I did actually enjoy purees :D XX

This is the part I am most dreading out of all of it!!I thought I could only have mash when I'm on soft foods?need to look into that one I think!

Glad you're enjoying it! :D x

sounds good, but kippers and gravy?? not sure about that one

enjoy :eek: mmmmm....it get's better tho!! thank goodness ;)

Kippers and gravy?

lmao - only had a wee bit of the flesh of the fish - couldnt even taste it - must have been the gravy!

its just the thought of fish n gravy together, i cant understand why some ppl buy fish chips n gravy from the chippy, lol. but even if you couldnt taste the kipper, at least you had the protein from it, so thats good. good luck with the rest of your purees, hugs xx

Wow u r on soft diet diets already... Is the diet requirement of the bypass differrent to that of the sleeve??? :?
Am more curious because it seems like u had ur op on 6th.. just curious hun..xx

when i had my bypass done, it was 3 weeks on liquids, 3 weeks on purees, 3 weeks on sloppies, 3 weeks on mash then onto normal diet.

It is a sleeve thing then.. as i am on 4-5 week liquid and then on the pureed/blended diet and on the 9th week start of resume 'normal' diet..

wow thats a long time on liquids.... i am 2 wks liquids, 2 wks puree, 2 weeks mashed and then onto "normal" food. I dont know if i could cope with 4-5 weeks on liquids. I have been in touch with a guy from my doctors surgery who had the sleeve done in birmingham too - think he was on the same post op as me. It seems that diff surgeons have diff ways to do things. Hope ur getting on ok with ur post op x

am doing ok... just not drinking much... for example all have had today is a cup of tea... nothing else... naughty right...
very limited on things i like on liquid diets...besides that... everything else is fine... i miss food soooo much...:(
i have fortimal but cant stand the taste...:(
in a way i feel not drinking wold help me shift the weight quicker..i know thats not true...
and u? x

i did ok on the liquids - made myself lots of homemade soups so lots of flavours as long as they were smooth and the right consistency.
I forced myself to drink every 1- 1 1/2hr - i am finding it hard though at the minute to get my fluids in because i have been told to drink 1/2 hr b4 meal and nothing for an hr after - havent felt well today at all and cant heat up but i know that will pass.

oh thats good...i can only have 'thin' soup... like brovil and oxo... i'll start with sloopy tomorrow and see the effects..lol..

Back