• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need an excuse

libbyb

Ello.

I am currently I New Zealand but in 4 weeks I'm moving to London for my OE..
But... In 3 weeks I am getting my sleeve..
My life is going to change to a cool one (hopefully) and I will definitely be more social..
I am only telling 2 close friends over there and my brother and sister in law I will be living with..
How when I go out with friends and family (who I won't tell) can I explain my inability to shot drinks and eat a normal sized meal? :/
Ideas welcome!
Xx

i went for the tell everyone approach if not just say your dieting cant think of another reason bbut good luck with your op and your move

I literally tell everyone I meet!!! Hehehe!! I am so proud of my wrap that I tell people all the time. It isn't a big deal for me though and everyone has been really excited for me and supportive too. So many people thought it was really brave aswell. You will be truly surprised by people's reactions Hun!! I definitely was!!! Even the lads at work know!! They come running with me now and we compare protein shakes!! Lol. Xx

Ahh I know that I should! Because its gonna be so damn obvious. But some of my friends and family over there are bigger than me and I would hate for them to think I think their fat because I see myself this way. But I think they are gorgeous!
I also don't want people to say the easy option line when this has been a struggle my whole life!
So hard.

I dont have many ideas for excuses really, other than telling them you are on a special diet or that you have a reduced appetite because of a lingering bug.
I also advocate the truth. I was reluctant at first to tell people, felt a bit ashamed. Then I thought, sod it! Know one knows the struggles and the heartache we go through but us and the people we let know. I have had no negative feedback, most people have been so supportive. For the bigger people in my life it has been more challenging I think, but most have just reacted with curiosity. And I feel I've been able to educate people too. After seeing what I have been through, and seeing how I'm doing as I go along - no one is saying it the easy option, just that its the last option. I can't tell you how many times I've been told I'm brave and honest, and during the milk diet I was told I had a willpower of steel! Now that's not something someone with bmi of 58 is usually accused of!

Haha thanks for that. I agree with what you're saying but can't bring myself to telling anyone.. Also worried ill fail with it which I know is such a bad way to think but with nothing working in the past it's going to take a while to change my mindset!
I think a bad tummy might be the way to go! And for the rest of my life I'll have issues with my tummy "because of that one time I got sick". Ha no not for the rest of my life but until I feel comfortable to tell people! Xx

I'm only just beginning to believe it might work myself, haha. The tummy bug thing is a good one really - no one wants to talk D&V over dinner! Good luck with everything :)

Good luck! It's hard to imagine it works until you see it! I too told everyone about it but if you don't want to then just say drastic diet so you ate before going out so as not to be tempted when out or similar

How about u r on a special low cal low carb diet which also means small meals ( little n often) hence small plate. Recomended by your doctor. And u cant cheat cos u get weighed regularly which is sort of true!

Yeah they are all good! I'll also say I ate before I came out. I will definitely tell everyone once in skinny :) but I don't want to be "that girl that weight loss surgery couldn't even help"!
Thanks for the input!

Libby I was convinced I was the girl that even surgery couldn't help as I had done slim fast shakes and other starvation diets plus the sensible ones too and had not lost much! Here I am 5.4 stone down since November so it's a case of seeing is believing and as you will see the sleeve rocks!!!

Back