• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

London, uk newbie!

amysbypass

Hi everyone!

My name is Amy, i am 24 and from North London, UK.
I am currently awaiting my CPEX test for my RNY gastric bypass.
I am having my RNY on the NHS. My funding application will be sent to my local PCT once my CPEX test has been completed. I am told by my surgeon that RNYs are never refused by my PCT. Also that funding is often agreed within a few hours and at most 2 weeks.
Once my surgeon has the funding in place i will be going on the waiting list which currently stands at 4 weeks.
Hopefully i should have my RNY around the begining of June at the latest!

I am extremely nervous and excited all at the same time!

Sorry to be soo long winded! Just thought i should introduce myself properly!

Any other London members here?

Amy :p

hi amy, welcome to minis, you came to the right place for support and friendship, im a bander but just wanted to say hi and welcome.

best wishes

liz x

Hiya Amy and welcome
Im just outside of north London in WGC and Im getting a band fitted on the 4th April in Highgate...there are a few of us from around London on here so you wont get lonley :)

Hi Amy and welcome! I don't live inLondon any more but know north London very well. I grew up in Muswell Hill and currently work in St Johns Wood. Where are you having your op?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I am from crouch end and having my bypass in the whittington.

Amy :D

P.s.
Good luck with the band!

good luck amy im having a bypass hopfully in april so fingers crossed for both of us

Hi Amy i to am in London, out by Wembley Park and was bypassed 9th Jan privately. I did not want ot wait for the NHS system, just did not have the patience at that time.

Welcome to mini's you will learn or find all you need here

hiya Amy .... I'm a fellow whittington patient too lol ...

I'm having bypass by dr heath ...

i get my date next Monday 6th ... for my surgery my letter came this morning .. but i knew anyway ..

i have 2nd part of my sleep test this mon and cycle test tue .. and all done ..

Thanks everyone!
Brett, maybe see you in the support group!

I cant find the thread about a London meet is that still on and if so when.....sorry for having a blonde moment :D

lol ... yea Hun think we are still doing a London meet ... Amy is talking about our hospital they have a group support session every month with group speakers and bariatric nurse and so on ..

Hi Amy - welcome :)

I had the RnY in November 2008 and, despite numerous problems, I am doing well.

I started an East London suopport group which meets on the last Saturday in each month - next one in Starbucks in East Ham on the 25th April 2pm-4pm - PM me if you want more information.

Rick x

Sounds like the hospital groups very supportive...it must help so many people as there are so many on here who struggle along without any support:(

I am seeing Dr Heath too!
I need one assessment test, the CPEX test (which i am having april 21st), then Lorna (Dr Heath's secretary) will fax my funding app to my PCT (Islington). She told me it could take as long as two weeks or as little as two hours to secure my funding! Then i should be going on the waiting list! Dr Heath told me it is 4 weeks long at the moment.

Where are you up to Brett?
Did you go to the group education session? Also, what borough are your PCT in? How long did you have to wait?
Sorry for all the questions, you are the only person i have met online who i can ask who is also under the whittingtion.

Thanks and hugs

Amy
:)

Also, just got to say a big THANK YOU!!!!
This is one very warm and friendly board! So glad i found you all! xxx

Back