• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

London, uk newbie!

thats ok hun ask away ........

i have funding already .. i went to them with it my gp got it for me before i was ref ....

yea i did the group session for 3 hrs the other month ..

im back at hospital tomorrow to be hooked up to sleep test and bring it home .. back on tues to take it back and then have another appointment same day .. for cycle test .. im told this is to test what kinda nursing you need after surgery ... as in how ill u will be .. and how much they need to give u to knock u out etc ..

and then i see dr heath next monday the 6th for my date .......

should be with in 6 weeks to my op then

oh my pct is greenwich ... and mine took 3 weeks .. but hospital have closer contact with them so u could get yrs quicker ... but mine was very quick for written funding from gp ...

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. You are really lucky to have your funding already. Unfortunately Islington PCT will not fund until i have had my CPEX. Is the cycle test a CPEX? Not been told about it otherwise!?!? The CPEX as far as i am aware is to test your blood gases while you are cycling on an exercise bike. Done by the respiratory team.

yea thats prob it hun ... im doing that tomorrow .. im at the hospital today to be hooked up to a sleep monitor .. and bring it home and take back tomorrow ...

hiya Amy ..... i had my cpx test done ... was an American guy and a ginger guy with a good body .. felt like i was at a gym lol ..

anyway its in the ITU in a side room .. u fill a questionnaire in about ur health etc ..

and then u get on the bike .. it has a flat seat like a chair .. its like being in one of them pedlow boats on holl ... they hook you up to ECG .. and then a tight belt under the Brest with some ultrasound gel on .. and you have what is like a life jacket over your shoulders .. and then a blood pressure cuff with microfibers that has Mic in it too ..

and finally a big rubber mask strapped over your face .. was kinda insane i felt i bit claustrophobic ..

but before i even started they found a prob with my heart .. i seam to have extra heart beats ..

but then u cycle for as long as u can before u have had enough gets harder and harder ....

i was soaked after-wards .. so take towel cause they don't offer anything ..

they get the results done in 2 days ....

so good luck Hun anything else u wanna know just ask xx

Back