• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help!

gillabean

Really living now!
Help! I'm 7 months post-op and I've started getting into my bad, former habits. Now that my dumping trigger has diminished I find myself eating cake, yesterday I had 3 slices of ginger cake in one go. That wasn't the first time. I realise that I am now out of the 'golden zone' but I don't want to undo all the good that has happened to me. I am grazing throughout the day too, and eating bread, grrrrrrrrrr someone please give me a kick up the backside.

Obviously I haven't lose any weight for a while, I know it's my own fault but how can I get back on track?

You've already started getting back on track by admitting you're doing wrong. When I say 'wrong' I don't mean you shouldn't have a bit of cake, just know that 1 piece is enough, any more is too much.

Get the old pictures of yourself out and look at them. Do you really want to go back?

You've done fantastic so far, get back on track for yourself and your family. We all know you can :)

Its a real bummer Gill, I'm there myself. Unfortunately we lacked control thats why we needed wls in the first place. I'm trying hard to get back to 3 meals and 2 snacks and healthy eating. Its been a struggle and some days i fail miserably. BUT like Mixman sys the hard bit is recognising it and posting here for help. Join me and Sam we're trying to regain control to end nibbilitis and posting what we eat each day for each other and anyone else that wants to see and comment.

C'mon me dear we can do this

M

Oh Gilla, I know exactly how you feel. Ive always been in the "everything in moderation" camp, but had loosened the reigns too much, and had stopped losing also.

So M and I are on a mission to get the lb's shifting again. Come and join us. You dont need to be a saint, just commit to making a little more effort than we have been recently.

Oh Gilla, I know exactly how you feel. Ive always been in the "everything in moderation" camp, but had loosened the reigns too much, and had stopped losing also.

So M and I are on a mission to get the lb's shifting again. Come and join us. You dont need to be a saint, just commit to making a little more effort than we have been recently.

Sam found this really intresting!! as you know i have been a stickler from day one that i wasnt going to have anything that i shouldnt as i didnt trust myself to do the everything in moderation....
For myself it worked and now 18 months on can really say i miss nothing...
Not having given into temptation and there have been many occasions i wish i could magic something to thoes of you who are stuggling but the only thing i can say is the longer you tell yrself it wont do you any good you do eventually believe it!!!
Sendings hugs and wishes that you all manage to get things back on track just look at the trail behind you!!! Do you really want to have to tramp that patyh again!!!!!x

I find that logging your food (using food focus or one of the many out there) and having to log the calories for 'naughties' puts me off of eating them as I truly know how much fat I have eaten and how it bumps my calories up

Thanks everyone, and M and Sam I'm with you. We could be the Nibblitis Musketeers; can I be Porkhos, M you could be Hummous and Sam you could be Doritos. All for one and one for all! (or buy one, get one free!).

I've just been to Asda and had two photos blown up big and stuck them on my fridge, one from before surgery and the other from last weekend. I've stuck them by the bread bin (which doubles as the cake and bikkie bin). I will not go back to that person, I won't, shan't and won't! These are the two photos.

I've been good today and not had sweeties or cake, only two bikkies and had real meals :eatdrink023:with fruit in between.:clap:

Sam found this really intresting!! as you know i have been a stickler from day one that i wasnt going to have anything that i shouldnt as i didnt trust myself to do the everything in moderation....
For myself it worked and now 18 months on can really say i miss nothing...
Not having given into temptation and there have been many occasions i wish i could magic something to thoes of you who are stuggling but the only thing i can say is the longer you tell yrself it wont do you any good you do eventually believe it!!!
Sendings hugs and wishes that you all manage to get things back on track just look at the trail behind you!!! Do you really want to have to tramp that patyh again!!!!!x

Thanks Carole

My main problem, and the reason I think I had stalled is that Ive been at home for a month after by gallbladder op. Thats meant Ive had no routine, and also that Ive not been exercising as much as I should. I havent been a saint with my eating, but actually, I'm probably being unfair on myself. My eating habits on the whole are excellent, its just that Id started dipping into the biscuit tin a little more than I would like. I certainly wasnt overeating to the extent that I would start to regain (maybe having 1400-1500 cals a day when normally I would have 1200-1300ish)

Getting back to work and teaming up with M has helped me to refocus. The scales have started moving again, and Im confident that I will reach a healthy weight.

I really admire your willpower Carole, but honestly, the thought of a life without another biscuit or glass of wine just fills me with dread. I know people will say that its the biscuits that got me fat in the first place, but the difference is now I can have one or two and put the rest back.

(sorry for the thread hi-jack Gilla!)

Thanks everyone, and M and Sam I'm with you. We could be the Nibblitis Musketeers; can I be Porkhos, M you could be Hummous and Sam you could be Doritos. All for one and one for all! (or buy one, get one free!).

I've just been to Asda and had two photos blown up big and stuck them on my fridge, one from before surgery and the other from last weekend. I've stuck them by the bread bin (which doubles as the cake and bikkie bin). I will not go back to that person, I won't, shan't and won't! These are the two photos.

I've been good today and not had sweeties or cake, only two bikkies and had real meals :eatdrink023:with fruit in between.:clap:

The three musketeers I like it!

I think the idea of the blown up photos is excellent, and I may well do the same. Glad to hear today has been a good day for you. Fingers crossed for another good day tomorrow x

I think that I am strange in the fact that denying myelf certain foods empowers me and the thought that I can go through life with no biscuits or chocolate or cakes really pleases me, it makes me feel in control and strong. I did have some moments in the last month or so when I lost my momentum and felt a little bit down about it, I was just in a funk where I thought that I have a lonnnnnnnnnnng life ahead of me (hopefully) and can I really be this strong forever, but I soon got over that because I used to be a habit eater, I didnt overeat because I love food, I have an addictive personality and I was just in the habit of overeating, so freeing myself of that and being strong enough to keep denying myself those foods became great again. Actually, calling it denying myself it is misleading, I dont miss the foods that much, I dont actually usually feel as though I am being denied anything.
In my heart I truly feel that NOTHING tastes as good as feeling slimmer and healthier feels, a trite old saying I know but in my case its true.
Like I say though, I know that I am more than likely in the minority.
I hope you ladies can get back to where you want to be on your journey and continue to be fabulous.
Steph xx

I have only been in work a couple of days during the past fortnight as my Ben has been home from Afghanistan, so the bikkie/cake tin has been very available to me. But I took him to the airport at stupid o'clock this morning and he's now gone back. As a pick-me-up I popped into Marks and Spencers on the way back and tried on some really beautiful girly clothes. I have decided that I will treat myself to something when I get below 11 stone, I've seen a gorgeous linen jacket but it's £45 and more than I've spent on anything in years, but it's lime green and I have got to have it. So then I went to a great charity shop and bought two tops for £4.70!

So far today I have had: 1 piece of toast with 1 mashed banana (no butter this time), 4 coffees to keep me awake (no sugar), 1 x grilled sausage, a few strawberries and now I'm going back to bed coz I very tired now.

BIG hugs on your brave soldier going back, he is a hero to me for doing what he does, so may God guide his every step and also yours to support you whilst he is away.
Steph xx

Great idea with the blow up pics Gill and oh yay i like the 3 nibbilitis musketeers. We can and will do this especially as there are now 3 of us teamwork it will be great can't let the others down now. As soon as tomorrow is over i can really concentrate. It must have been great to see your son again and hope he may be safe until he returns again

M

I'm really proud of myself, I have been good today, I just needed a kick up the jacksey! The photo is doing a great job, I hate that fat photo with avengeance and I find myself saying out loud 'well, you have a choice, eat the cake and look like that again?' I had a small tuna steak with salad for supper then singing and I've just had two crackers with chicken roll.

Musketeers, where are we going to put our progress reports? Good and bad.

Glad you had a good day Gilla. Perhaps we should start a 3 musketeers thread here in the 6 month area so we can keep reporting and kick or congratulate each other as need be.

Ive been good so far as well. Did have a very small glass of wine last night at the end of a stressful day, but food wise Ive been very good.

do you think that the was enough support after the op to takle the reasons behind the weight in the first place.i didnt get to 32 stone by eating salads everyday. the underlying reseans are still there.
comfort eating is aproblem if was the way i coped with every thing and anything.
what do others think?

Back