• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need some support..........

sugga

Hi all, just wondered if anyone else was like me. I had my pre op yesterday and im looking at around 15th December or before for bypass. I was so happy all day. This morning iv woke up feeling totally pissed off. Iv not stopped putting crap in my mouth all day. Iv lost about 20lb pre op to date, so dont know why i feel like this.
Im going to put today down to a blip, get it over and done with and start again in the morning. Has anyone else done a similar thing.
Took mum shopping this morning and she has alzheimers so thats always difficult and stressfull. Tomorrow is a new day and ill get back on track with the diet and gym x

I still have a problem with stress related eating. Stuffing with food to aneathestise our bad feelings doesn't really do anything other than create more guilt and bad feelings and you get trapped in a circle.
Instead of planning to write off the whole day, why not stop now and find something to do that is not hurting you?
Maybe if you can phone a mate and have a heart to heart? I am sending you a link to some nice hypnosis, at the very least it will distract you for a half hour.
I have one day a week to eat my fave foods and I get all my foodie cravings over with then which also helps.

Honey, I was certainly emotionally up and down like a roller coaster in my first few days after i got my date. I didn't eat but that was down to needing to lose 4-5 kg fast, so they didn't cancel me!
my Mum also had Alzheimers (she died last year) and it was very, very hard and painful.
No wonder you're a bit erratic. Be nice to yourself, get back on the wagon, and post on here for support.
Sending hugs petal. xx

I think we have all been there Sugga, I use food when Im happy, when Im sad, when Im angry, when Im......well you get the drift. The trick is recognising this and dealing with it, easier said than done I know lol. Dont beat yurself up over today, like you said tomorrow is a fresh start and soon you will have a fantastic tool to help you deal with it :D X

Dear Sugga, you are thinking in the right way, today is just a blip, forget what you have done, pick yourself up, brush yourself down and start all over again.

You are dealing with with all the added stress so dont punish yourself with food, cause that is what it is. We think we are being nice to ourselves by eating, but really its agony and a punishment.

Big hugs and keep posting and we will try and get your through your little blip. xxxxx

Thankyou neen for your email, i will try to download it. Charis, you are always here for me with your knowledge and wisdom, thankyou lovey. Seeing mum suffer with this cruel disease is hurting me so much. I went to visit her yesterday afternoon after my pre op, but this morning when i took her shopping as i do every Thursday morning, she said that she doesnt remember me visiting her at all. I havent even told her about my wls because she wont understand and will worry. Well sorry for moaning guys, all be back on track tomorrow hopefully x

Thankyou neen for your email, i will try to download it. Charis, you are always here for me with your knowledge and wisdom, thankyou lovey. Seeing mum suffer with this cruel disease is hurting me so much. I went to visit her yesterday afternoon after my pre op, but this morning when i took her shopping as i do every Thursday morning, she said that she doesnt remember me visiting her at all. I havent even told her about my wls because she wont understand and will worry. Well sorry for moaning guys, all be back on track tomorrow hopefully x

Oh sweety, I know how tough it is. My mum didn't even know me at the end. It's a cruel and vile disease. You feel free to moan and vent. I so feel for you. Try to hang on to the good memories of your mum sweetheart. No, there's no point at all in telling her about surgery.
Come and talk to us instead. more hugs pet. xxxxxxxx

As Charis said, you aren't alone x
It must be so hard to be up one minute and happy with your progress in the WLS side but then have that emotion taken away and replaced with sadness and guilt because of your Mum's illness.
It is OK to be happy for yourself and not selfish in any way to do everything you can to make yourself happy and healthy and feel good xx
I don't have any experience with Altzeimers but both my sons are Autistic and I understand how helpless it can feel when a close loved one has a problem that affects you so much.
I am a bit loopy with all my self help mumbo jumbo but anything I can share with you that I have found useful I will xxxxx
The op does not remove the inner conflicts that cause emotional eating though, it's going to take us learning new coping skills and sometimes letting the hurt feelings run their course. Covering them up with food is not going to do anything other than make you feel worse, but I fully understand why you're doing it. Fighting the urge today myself as well x Hugs x

Feel like crying now, you are such lovely people and i hope you all realise that. Mum was only diagnosed 4 months ago, but has been showing signs for the past 3 years. I thought it was due to 2 strokes she had in 2004 so didnt take her to the docs sooner.
When i come home and moan after a visit i always feel so guilty. I know its going to get worse, which is not going to be nice, its heartbreaking now x

Thinking of you too neen and hope you are managing to fight this foody thing today. My daughter who is 15 now has had behavioural and emotional problems all her life, which has been so difficult to live with. She is not as bad as she used to be now but we have our ups and downs still. Just when i thought it was getting better, mum gets diagnosed with this disease. No rest for the wicked is there. Bless x

Hi Sugga, go ahead and have a moan if it helps. Life can be so difficult and it must be hard seeing someone you've loved and respected taken away from you little by little?

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't got half the stress you have and yesterday I not only ate a box of chocolates (which I didn't enjoy). I also polished off the cake my daughter had baked for her dad, sister and teacher. What kind of mom does that? As Neen said, don't write off the whole day just carry on. I'm sure if you burnt the only food you had you wouldn't throw it all away but rescue whatever you could? You've come to the right place for support.

Lots of hugs and prayers

Rebirth xx

Oh Sugga, I did it a few time before I started my pre-op. One particularly stressful day I ate half a family size bar of Mikly Bar in one go - plus all the usual crap I eat.

Don't beat yourself up. Just promise yourself to try and not do that again and start all over again tomorrow.

I think just remember also that you already are doing as much as anyone could with your Mum sugga. It won't stop the guilty feelings because they just come as part of love and regret that you can't "fix" the issue. I feel very similar a lot of the time. What we are doing though is setting ourselves up for more pain than is necessary because we really cannot do more than we already do.
The pain is going to be there already, so try not to make yourself feel worse by eating more and more.
I horde my treats when I feel crappy...I have Saturday as my treat day so I try and put treaty food aside for that day...then when I feel really stressed out I go look at it and think...hmm I will have that on Saturday..not today but I will have it then instead.
What normally then happens is the bad feeling goes and by the time Saturday comes so has the urge to eat all the treat food. Doing it that way I have saved myself a lot of binge days and usually have a moderate treat on the treat day rather than overdoing it almost daily in stressy times....does that make sense at all?

Back