• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need some support..........

Oh Sugga, I did it a few time before I started my pre-op. One particularly stressful day I ate half a family size bar of Mikly Bar in one go - plus all the usual crap I eat.

Don't beat yourself up. Just promise yourself to try and not do that again and start all over again tomorrow.

Only HALF a bar!?!:D I'd have eaten the lot with a Turkish delight, a double-decker and a crunchie for afters!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

OOOOPS I did have the odd binge day!

Thanks Karen, just wish i could talk to mom about things that are happening in my life right now but i cant. Dont know how to explain that i wont be taking her shopping for a couple of weeks when i have my op x

Sugga, sadly, even when you do explain, she won't remember. Just try to say you'll be away for a little while, find an excuse your mum would believe? I'm pretty sure my Mum's alzheimers started after a stroke, so don't beat yourself up about missing it.

Sugga, sending you hugs and hoping you get some kind of support system in place to help with all you are dealing with. I can only imagine how awful it is, i have a elderly aunt who has had a few strokes and has short term memory loss now. Everytime she rings my mom my poor 77 yr old mom has to tell her that her beloved daughter has been dead for 2 yrs and that her husband will not be in at 9.30 after doing a shift at work. So flipping cruel this world is.

Keep your chin up and try and take some time for yourself.

Thankyou everyone, you are all amazing. I think the thing that is so hard to grasp is that mum had 8 daughters, and only me and my younger sister are prepared to care for her. I work as a teaching assistant and my sister also works so its really difficult. We are being visited soon by social services so maybe some help will be offered. x

Back