• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i need your help

Hi all,

I start my pre op diet 2moro (February 4th) and loads of questions have started to bug me about the op, so here goes.......

1. Why at my pre assessment did the check the vein in my neck? Why do they canulate there?

2. I'm having a tooth out 2moro, that won't be a problem for the anethetist will it, ya know intubating?

3. Will I have a spinal block?

4. Will the catheterise (can't spell) me?

5. Did anyone else have a morphine pump attached after surgery?

6. Has anyone else done the milk diet who has type 1 not 2 diabetes?

7. Can you opt for a pre med?

God knows why I have all these questions now after all this time.

Hope someone can help?

Love to all xxxx

Sorry Claire i dont know the answer to any of your question haha dont know what most of them mean haha....sorry chuck xxx

Hi Claire

I think you should ask these medical question to you Obesity service co-ordinator, each surgeon has there own methods. You have a few days to find these out before your op.

Hope your pre op diet goes well!

Best wishes Chris

Hi Claire - I didn't want to read and run - good luck with your op! I can help with a couple of questions but not all I am afraid - hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.... xx

Hi all,

I start my pre op diet 2moro (February 4th) and loads of questions have started to bug me about the op, so here goes.......

1. Why at my pre assessment did the check the vein in my neck? Why do they canulate there?

Not sure - they ended up using the one in my wrist.....

2. I'm having a tooth out 2moro, that won't be a problem for the anethetist will it, ya know intubating?

Will it be removed by a local or general? Can you postpone it until after the op? I had 3 teeth removed about a month before my op and when I said it was a local the anethetist said 'oh that doesn't matter!' - better let them know anyways....

I didn't have one - the op itself is not painful - you just feel a little tender (although I had keyhole - are you having open or keyhole?) - the trapped wind is uncomfortable but soons dislodges once you are up and moving around!

I was - just for the 1st day - they removed it once I was walking more - but they don't do it to everyone.....

I didn't - they did give me a little bit of morphine the 1st night after my surgery - I was in a little bit of pain but looking back I think it was from the trapped wind - it just gave me a more comfortable nights sleep mainly....

Sorry can't help here!

As mentioned before, it's not a painful op so you probably won't need one.... always worth asking though if you think you might need one :)

Hope someone can help?

Love to all xxxx

As Sugga stated

Someone will be along soon to have a chat.

I can tell you it's a general anestetic that I'm have Feb 15th so I assume yours will be the same. It's only a 2 hrs op so you should be able to get up and go to the loo or use a bed pan.

kateyloo said:
Hi Claire - I didn't want to read and run - good luck with your op! I can help with a couple of questions but not all I am afraid - hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.... xx

Hi kateyloo

Thank you for your help. You're a star!!! Xxxx

chrriss88 said:
Hi Claire

I think you should ask these medical question to you Obesity service co-ordinator, each surgeon has there own methods. You have a few days to find these out before your op.

Hope your pre op diet goes well!

Best wishes Chris

I think I may do that, thank you x x

Hi all,

Not to my knowledge they dont, not at my hospital thy didnt anyway :D
I wouldnt think so but just mention it to him.
As far as I know it will be a general.
Some hospitals do but not all, so maybe someone who had surgery at the same place will be able to answer that one.
I had a morphine pump and believe lots of people do for the first 24 hours.
I was type 2 but chose the milk diet. Not sure about type 1 sorry.
They dont offer a pre-med at Salford but I suppose theres no harm in asking.

Hope someone can help?

Love to all xxxx
Sorry I couldnt answer all your questions as the different hospitals and surgeons all do things differently. Hope I helped a bit. Dont worry...its the start of your new life! :D XX

They checked my neck to see I would be able to breath while having the op. The canula was in the back of my hand
I dont know you would be best phoning your team.
No they put you to sleep. Wake up when its all done and dusted.
I was and most are but its done while you are asleep and is removed as soon as you are up and about.
I was on one for a bit then had some painkillers put through the drip. Pain was well managed.
Sorry no.
I was not offered it.

Back