• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I really should nt read bad post about surgery now my mind back to worry

Slim4son

Hi guys i was fine earlier and thought ok should I use hwc or hospital group then I read a post saying she had infection and had to be removed I really can't afford a bypass or other surgery and scared stiff this will happen and waste 6k I have took a loan out for 10 years as a result and know if complicationsit was cause probs which I dnt want now after reading this I'm back to worrying this really is the last chance saloon I want to go a reputable. Company bt not surer which is best

Cheers for looking guys any advice welcome

I think everyone is different, there are going to be people who do have problems and as my surgeon said if there were no risks then everyone would have it done, maybe check the fact and figures with your surgeon, he should be able to give you all the information you need as to procedures he has done, success rates etc etc (mine did)
Good luck with whatever you decide hun, at the end of the day only you can make this decision , Take Care XX

Hi

The provider you go with does not really prevent post op infections or problems.

You can try to prevent these problems by going to a hospital with a zero hospital aquired infection rate and by using a well regarded surgeon. You may need to do some research and find out from your GP who is rated for gastric bands and if they know any other band patients who may be willing to talk to you.

As for post op complications where you may need further surgery, apart from the above there is very little way of knowing if you will be one of the unfortunate ones it happens to.

There is a small risk, bit i suppose most of us are in the same boat and take the risk knowing this surgery is life changing.

I really hope you can stop worrying and find a good surgeon.

Regards

Claire

Yes and someone will get run over by a bus tomorrow,doesnt mean it will be you!Relax and enjoy the ride.Maz x

Hi I went with the hospital group as the package was quite attractive and included 6 months surgery cover. Hopefully this won't be necessary as need to think positive.
Up until the surgery had many moments thinking whether I was doing the right thing and the way I looked at it was if I dont do it I will continue to lead an unhappy life. two slipped discs, severe sciatica, polycystic ovaries, excess body hair as a result and not been able to conceive even after fertility treatment. Two weeks in and only 17lb lighter already feel so much better about myself.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Ah thanks guys I feel so much.better been reading up I going with the hospital group and having through Dolan park dr sugurdsun not sure how to spell looking for 8th aug as going Blackpool 8th till 11th. Then when return have pre op diet to do however I do have a wedding on 6th aug so having a meal but if I do pre op 2 weeks b4 then all good thanks guys you really help xxxx

I had my op at Dolan Park on 5th May with Mr Sigurdsson and have had no problems at all - really pleased with their service.

you'll know if you get an infection, i had an infected c section wound 10 months ago and it was pretty crap, but antibiotics worked. Im only 4 days post op and on day 2 i knew straight away one of my wounds was infected because of the redness soreness and burning sensation, i went straight to the doctors and got anti biotics, no big deal. Anyway, if things really went wrong for me id be financially screwed too, but you have to take the chance or risk staying the way you are. I avoided reading all the negatives and am focused on having an active positive recovery. Mind over matter. Its not easy, but i already feel excited about finally shedding the excess and shopping for lovely clothes :)

Back