• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone :)... 11 days since my surgery, any advice on what should I be eating ?

Lady_Bird

Hi Everyone,

So happy to have found this forum. Everyone looks really happy in the photos and I have read posts that seem so positive!...

I plan to come here often if you all will have me :) ... Well it has been 11 days since my gastric bypass surgery, I am still in pain and have swelling to my stomach which has been reducing me to tears at times.... My consultant said it is deep stitches and I just have to persevere... Fingers crossed it will ease up soon....

Can anybody share advice on what should I be eating for the next couple of weeks? I am fine eating and I have been on pureed foods and was wondering if I can move onto a thicker consistency etc...

I have a problem... I find it hard to swallow water... for some reason it hurts? ... I loved water before surgery. Did any others experience this?....

Bye for now.... Lady Bird xxxx

Hi lady bird

welcome to our forum, i am newish myself, am 11 days post op but still stuck on the liquid diet - i had an awful sore throat about a week ago, but persevered, they did say i might have it because of the tubes, little sips and often i would suggest

Debs xx

Hi hun welcome to the forum, i am two weeks post op... i was on liquids for the first 10 days, now im on pureed for 3 weeks, and then i will be on soft foods for 6 weeks...
i think you should be on the pureed for some more tie, but i suggest contacting your consultant.
on pureed ain to have 3 or 4 tsp of protien ie scrambled egg, meat etc.. and 3 tsp of mash potato and 3 tsp of veg...and puree it with gravy or stock.

i have been making shepherds pie, fish pie etc...as long as its pureed you can have it.

contact your consultant though xx

Welcome Lady Bird - can't help with the diet as I'm still on fluids, but if you change your height on your profile from 14', your BMI stats will make more sense!

Hi Ladybird. I am a sleever so slightly different. I also struggled with drinking water at first. Even tiny sips seemed to stick. Within a week or two I was able to take slightly larger sips as the time went on. It gets easier and I am only 3 weeks post op today :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Lady bird and welcome, different hospital seen to9 have different guidlines, i am 10 days post bypass and was told i should be on purees for 4-6 weeks before moving onto soft diet. i have posted my daily intake of the post op diet thread but a typical meal is half a weetabix with semi skimmed milk or a table spoon of mash with a table spoon of mashed carrot covered in gravy.
fluids were a struggle for me too at first but i persisted with small sips and gradually it became much easier to get them down.
xx

Back