• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I think it's hilarious

Ankaas

I've woken really early this morning and of course as usual the first thing on my mind is food. Secondly what am I going to wear - what's the weather like - sunny? Nooooooo that means no cover up clothes. I just can't wait to have that feeling of YIPEE sunshine - now I can wear that new sun dress I bought - dreaming as usual. anyway I was reading through the weight loss diaries and it struck me that one item which we all hate (or hated) with a passion and probably got rid of years ago never to darken our doors again -the very mention of it is banned in my house - has now become everyones new best friend. People can't wait to visit this item, making an arrangement to visit once a week and then loving it so much having to visit mid week -what is it ?? THE DREADED SCALES of course. What a total head mess for a fatty like me. :scale

made me giggle, my hubby joked that after my op id put my scales in the porch ,and everytime someone knocks at the door id jump on them,! where as before,no one knew where i kept them,hidden away ,lets hope we join the scale lovers soon, well until the loss stalls then we will hate them again ,its a sad life being a set of scales really,and everyone please remember scales are not just for after a weight loss surgery,lol

I get my daughter to hide them and then put them in the bathroom every Thursday night so that I can weigh myself on a Friday morning because I was becoming obsessed weighing myself almost everytime I went in to the bathroom. How sad, lol xxx

No not sad it's BRIL. What a turnaround. I CANT WAIT. 12 July can't come quick enough.

i hated the scales pre-op because i always knew it was going to bad news :eek:

Post op is different though! i know im loosing or at worse, staying the same. Im happy with either of those results because for once in my life, im not gaining weight!

Although i have become a little obsessed with my new friend and like to jump on him every morning lol x

My nbf is a tape measure,much more reliable,never deviates,easily portable and always tells the truth!

I've taken my measurements for the first time in a long time this morning, and although they've not made me ecstatic, at least I know they won't stay the same for long.

lol i hada weird dream i forgot to weigh in for the saturday band thread!! i woke up today and was like phew...that was worrying!!

I liked your post, made me giggle. I am going out to buy a new set of scales, treat myself lol....

Deets your a little minx . Soooo your scales are a man then? Hubby not jealous?

maybe if i hadnt hated the scales so much I might not have gotten here but hey all those calories were fun at the time and this time the wright loss is for keeps !! Hope to love my scales as much as most of you guys really soon! x x x

I have had the same scales all throughout my wls journey and I love em coz the are accurate and the digits keep going down lol and I still weigh myself daily, its like routine, but only do it once a day tho.......I shall keep them till they kaput. I prob still weigh myself daily when @ goal to keep me on the str8 and narrow they have worked better then any ww plan or sw plan lol

I have to say for the first 3 months post op i loved scales. Now i actually hate them with a vengeance. When they don't move in the right direction they become your worst enemy. I weigh in once a week at weight watchers and still stand in the line dreading it. It's never guaranteed that the scales will go in the right way...

Personally i think SoontobeslimSue's daughter Erin has the right idea. She weighs at the hospital check ups only.

we all are mad heads lol. i weigh myself regularly but not on a friday and on saturday morning i go to Boots and weigh on their scales... wont be long now for u xx

Hi Maura, yea I know it seems like such a log time ago that I got my date - I'm like a child the week before Xmas - it just can't come quick enough.

Back