• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A good cry.

A.Positive

Today I walked home from the doctor's and cried. I got home, sat at the dining table and cried some more.

It was all very silly but it was the reality of hearing that my GP was trying to find me a slot a on weight management course but was having trouble as they were all full. I knew there was a possibility that I would have to wait for my surgery; I was ready to wait the months it would take to complete the course and really started to plan my life. I may have to wait an age now.

I know lots of you have waited years and been turned down for surgery many times; I feel like an idiot.

This heat is killing me which made my walk home seems a million times worse. Dressed in dark colours to make myself look smaller, covering myself up; all the while sweating like a pig.

I do feel a bit better now; it is what is. There is nothing I can about it. And so as usual, I will just have to make the most of it all.

Today I walked home from the doctor's and cried. I got home, sat at the dining table and cried some more.

It was all very silly but it was the reality of hearing that my GP was trying to find me a slot a on weight management course but was having trouble as they were all full. I knew there was a possibility that I would have to wait for my surgery; I was ready to wait the months it would take to complete the course and really started to plan my life. I may have to wait an age now.

I know lots of you have waited years and been turned down for surgery many times; I feel like an idiot.

This heat is killing me which made my walk home seems a million times worse. Dressed in dark colours to make myself look smaller, covering myself up; all the while sweating like a pig.

I do feel a bit better now; it is what is. There is nothing I can about it. And so as usual, I will just have to make the most of it all.

Oh Hun, I know it's a set back, but don't give up, your time will come!

Don't feel like an idiot and it doesn't matter how long anyone else has waited. The fact is you've had disappointing news and quite understandably it's hit you hard. X

I hope they find a slot for you soon xx

Hearing my gp tell me something very similar 4 years ago had the same effect on me Apositive. It is devastating hun but don't give up like I did then ... Chin up & keep trying your turn may well come around yet ;) x

Get in touch with Pals, explain the situation and that your GP is trying, and ask if they will allow you to begin your weight management with someone like slimming world or weight watchers. My PCT accepted attempts with weight watchers as my weight management.

Im sorry you had such a crap day hun.... dont give up. Hang in there......your time will come. ..xx

Back