• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i was scared then ok now 3days 2 go feels like im having a breakdown

Rose, can I ask what NAC chocolate is? Seen it mentioned a couple of times.

Brad - you are doing fantastic - your posts inspire me and I cant wait to be posting my own in the future months x

hi ruth,

its no added sugar chocolate,
when im wanting a bit of chocolate as a treat i go to boots as they have a nice selection or thortons have a good range too...x
so we can still have the odd little treat x

thank you rose for that ive had a look in boots 2day and ive found some im only 2 weeks post so not having any yet but i have progressed to mashed potato and im havin no problems at all is this a normal time to start what is everyone elses experience with eating 2 weeks post op what were all u guys having
much love brad xx

Thorntons do NAS choc too now I understand...

Rose the Belgium choc looks divine where do you buy it from? I know I am the same as you brad only 2 weeks post op but need to know where to get the best stuff in advance lol

so debbie what are u having to eat at the moment are u on liquids or mash potato im having ready brek in the mornings and its fantastic how much do u drink a day im struggling with the drinking side i get around a litre a day i try to drink more but i just cant
brad xx

I am on the mush stage and I need to get into the habit of having brekkie. I haven't measured how much I drink but my hubby is a coffee addict so I generally have a cup by my side lol so I think I am drinking enough, I don't do this sipping all day or leave an hour before eating but all that might change when I am on solids.

I am enjoying tuna and low fat salad cream for lunch and I might try scrambled eggs tomorrow, I have read eggs can cause probs but they also said that about the tuna and luckily I was ok so fingers crossed for the eggs.
How are you getting on with the food?

im not doing to bad really i have been mainly on mash with low sugar and salt beans but only a tiny amount i am gonna try a poached egg on mash 2nite i cant wait to start eating properly again lol
brad x

I know what you mean I want something to chew it's been liquid and much for far too long,

Good luck with the egg I hope it gies down nicely, I haven't tried beans yet just tinned spaghetti but u would love some macaroni cheese so maybe tomorrow. I have got mash and sausage meat with gravy tonight as near as a roast as I'm gonna get lol

I'm watching you two, I'm getting jealous of all your goodies. lol.
Lynne xx

Lol it will be you soon you are only 2 weeks behind us xx

lol, im going to have some ice cream for my supper then off to bed. Im really tired and I want to be a normal person again in the morning, not a poorly post op person lol.
Lynne x

ooh ice cream, tomorrow I am going to try scrambled egg for breakfast, and macaroni cheese for dinner havent got a clue for lunch!!, I am not used to eating 3 meals a day.

You are doing really well Lynne just take it easy so you are not the poorly one :)
xx

msunique said:
Rose the Belgium choc looks divine where do you buy it from? I know I am the same as you brad only 2 weeks post op but need to know where to get the best stuff in advance lol

Our local farm shop does it in their NAS/sugar-free food section. I've not seen it on the high street (yet).

msunique said:
ooh ice cream, tomorrow I am going to try scrambled egg for breakfast, and macaroni cheese for dinner havent got a clue for lunch!!, I am not used to eating 3 meals a day.

You are doing really well Lynne just take it easy so you are not the poorly one :)
xx

Careful with ice cream, it's full of fat and sugar and can make you dump ! I buy Worthenshawe's Freedom which is a NAS non-dairy frozen dessert in 3 flavours. You can buy it in Sainsburys, Waitrose etc.

so debbie how did your scrambled egg go last nite i had poached egg on mash potato was really nice and the egg didnt cause me any problems which is good yeah i would of thought ice cream would make u dump just be careful.....
So how is everyone 2day monday morning isnt the best day is it!!
brad xx

Hi Brad

I havent had ice cream yet but someone mentioned it and I though yum, and yes I had scrambled egg and it was lovely, again I ate too much :mad: so felt stuffed again, i am sure I will learn soon, well I hope so lol

It was me that mentioned ice cream. I had it in the hospital and it is on my diet sheet. I can have low fat/low sugar ice cream. My partner got some for me but I haven't had a look what make it is yet. It will be the correct stuff, perhaps weight watchers or something. Didn't anybody else have ice cream in hospital?
Lynne x

I had it, it was Tesco light choices ice cream. It says on my diet sheet that I can have it and I had it in the hospital. Didn't anybody else have it or have it on their lists?

Lynne x

Back