• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i was scared then ok now 3days 2 go feels like im having a breakdown

hey lynne no i didnt have ice cream in hospital lol how lucky are u i am gonna have a look for some of that in town later 2day thanks for the idea....
debbie i felt the same last nite and i only had a small portion strange isnt it im sure u will get it right in the next couple of days its trial and error
brad xx

so debbie how did your scrambled egg go last nite i had poached egg on mash potato was really nice and the egg didnt cause me any problems which is good yeah i would of thought ice cream would make u dump just be careful.....
So how is everyone 2day monday morning isnt the best day is it!!
brad xx

Hi Brad, Hope you are well? I saw Mr Sigurdson last Tuesday and he was lovely. He was very apologetic from the off about them losing my referral from last August. He said it just 'turned up' out of the blue in someone elses file. He sadi he hopes to get my bypass done within 2 months!!!! He has applied for funding last friday and asked that both my GP and myself send in a support letter. He said he wants to keep in close contact now because they lost me initially, he certainly wasn't happy about it. It all seems to good to be true???
How long did your funding request take and how long did you wait for op from your first consultation with Mr Sigurdson.
Iwant to believe this is going to happen but feel really nervous in case the funding doesn't come through or something. I am scared to get excited, I know this sounds daft but I want this op so, so bad.(Hugs)

Linski xxx

Hi Lynne

Nope no ice cream for me i was allowed water and wait for it black tea!! yep that was my lot I was on liquids for 2 weeks and ice cream wasnt mentioned :(

Hi Brad, just wanted to say its been fantastic reading this tread, you are doing so well, I cant wait to be posting post op, when I get my date for seeing the surgeon I will be shouting it from the roof tops. Keep up the good work hun.

hi pauline thank u for your kind words i wish u all the best with your journey if there is anything at all i can do to help you please let me know
brad xx

oooooh im so excited im trying herders pie 2nite its the recipie from out of return to slender i cannot wait im cooking it all now ready for 2nite has anyone else tried this recipie
brad xx

Nope don't even know what herders pie is!! I was planning macaroni cheese but not sure if I should

I wouldnt have macaroni its pasta and might cause probs!Its way too early for that,you may never tolerate pasta well,be careful.

Ooh really?? I have had tinned spaghetti without a prob and just assumed the small macaroni pasta in cheese sauce would be the same, maybe a cauliflower cheese then, but still unsure if I should have the mush

hey all just had my herders pie didnt have much tho about a 100ml of it it a small bowl went down with no problem at all im 3 weeks post op and thought maybe a little soon but will see if i have a problem with it
brad x

Hi

Glad it all went ok with ya dinner and it stayed down :D

hey all how is everyone ive had a fantastic day 2day ive been out walking ive managed more water 2day and ive been to the toilet!!!!!!!!!! thats a massive relief lol so 2day ive has 1 chocolate weetabix soaked in milk was heaven then for dinner i had soup and im having mash and beans for tea life is goooooooooooood
brad xx

Glad you are feeling better Brad and well done on everything.

I've not seen the chocolate weetabix, but thought they'd be high in sugar, what is the ratio do you know?

Thanks Brad. Love and hugs xxx

hey bev per weetabix its 1.8g of fat and 7.2g sugars so not that bad i have had no problems with it they are so nice i only have 1 sometimes half but i make sure its soggy not hard or crispy
brad xx

hey all so all you mums out there have u had a great mothers day how is everyone feeling
happy mothers day to all you mums
brad xx

hey all how is everyone 2day sorry i havent updated this thread much i have been sooooooo busy with things i just wanted to let u all know im doing really well i will be going back to work in 2 weeks and i feel fantastic i have a new wardrobe of clothes i shaved my head something i have wanted to do for years and both my girlfriend and family are loving the new me so far....
just a big thank you to everyone who has wrote on this thread telling me things will be fine and not to be scared if i could hug and kiss each one of u i would if there is anyone who is about to or just had a gastric bypass please contact me i would love to give the same advice i had been given dont be scared its not that bad really trust me u will regret u didnt have it done sooner
loads of love brad xx

Great to hear you sounding so happy and full of life Greg.
Have a lovely day, its gorgeous out there.
Lynne x

hiya brad i had my gastric bypass last sat and its the best thing ive ever done, i now feel as i have a life ahead of me.the week or two before i was nervous and tearful,but when it came to the day i was so calm it was unbelievable. youll be fine hun. good luck keep us posted xx

This has been a lovely thread to read. Thank you to everyone in it. It really is a help to us pre oppers :)

Glad life is going well for you Brad :)

hey im really glad u have liked this thread im hoping that it will continue and people will write and tell me how there feeling glad everyone is doing ok
brad xx

Back