• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ibuprofen

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Yes or no post sleeve?

Im coming down with one of my twice yearly bouts of laryngitus and wanted to double check.....

SAM55

I was given liquid ibuprofen post op by the hospital and wasn't given any warnings. Found the paracetamol worked better but would occasionally use it as a top up in the first couple of weeks. Used to take it anyway occasionally if needed for my knees, although the diarrhoea could be a problem if taken for too long. Have taken it again this week for my sinuses. No other side effects.

Bear

Mazza, I currently take 20mg of omeprazole daily (acid reflux being a known side effect of the sleeve). After my recent arm surgery, where I was prescribed strong ibrupofen and have also been taking one codeine at night, I was told to double my dose of omeprazole to protect the stomach. So ibrupofen is entirely safe, but your stomach is still swollen and inflamed so might be wise to protect it further.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, just as I thought - mixed advice.

I take omeprazol too so hopefully shouldbe ok but I'll only take them if I need too x

Hannah2

I asked because I get bad period pain and really missed my ibuprofen last month! I was told by my consultant as long as I was taking my lansaprozole and it was for short bursts at a time then he would be happy with that. So I wouldn't worry too much - you might just need to increase your omeprazol

Turps

Thanks everyone, just as I thought - mixed advice.

You're right there. Sunderland are very anti-ibuprofen. I was even told I couldn't use the ibuprofen gel I'd been prescribed for my knee.