• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If I lose some weight myself will they deny me surgery?

I really want to make a go of this, but the thing that's worrying me and holding me back is the thought that they may say, well you are doing fine losing weight yourself so you don't need the surgery!

I have been able so many times in the past to lose a decent amount of weight, but I always put it all back on and then some! This is why I know I need some intervention to help me last the whole haul.

Has anyone been turned down for surgery for helping themselves with weight loss?

it was a concern of mine too but was reassured it wouldn't happen.... they do like to see you making steps anyway, at least to maintain anyway.... I think once you've been accepted and funding agreed its pretty much full steam ahead.............after all that what we all have problems with, keeping it off!!!

I would have thought it shows your commitment to the process of WLS! The way I see it when you lose weight via any plan or group once you reach your target, people tend not to always maintain , ending up putting it all back on then a few more lbs/ stones for good measure were as I feel with either a band/sleeve or bypass its a little bit more difficult to ( but not impossible too regain) put on some weight thinking why go thru all that to put it back on
just my thoughts on the matter

Back