• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Second thoughts?

marywithoutsound

Again, thank you all for responding. I am a private patient so she is not NHS staff and the only person who is her manager I think is the surgeon.

She has always been helpful and very nice before that, and when My boyfriend listened to the message he did describe it as 'odd'. I have been called by the nurse who will be looking after me though yesterday and she was just completely different, so my mind is at rest again.

One thing it did bring home to me though was just how 'on edge' I am about the whole thing. I had thought I had no worries about having surgery, but this just proves that actually I am a lot more anxious than I thought I was! Luckily I still have a few weeks to work through everything mentally. This forum is helping a lot - I really love how supportive everybody is and how open people have been about their own experiences.

sarahloveswelshcobs

I went private with the same surgeon as you earlier this year

It may help you to know that the bariatric nurse herself has had a bypass and lost over 14 stone. She's really lovely.

I think it helps when you know you can relate to them as they've been there and done it too x