• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One Angry Bear!!!

Thanks..£35 wedding dress get in lol, Oh i'll rise above it all, sometimes it's nice to hear people's opinions, and i have to say you always come up trumps, i dont think i have ever genuinly come accross a bunch of understanding lovely people as there are on this forum.
I don't keep friends mainly due to that reason, but i have to say i feel blessed having truley warm people who respond when you're having a moment of weekness.
Thankyou all xx
Tranquil, the dress was from Yours clothing, You'd look a million Dollars in one!! Some of the clothes they have are fab and reasonable to, are you comming to the next meeting?? xx

Hope you op goes ok it was great to see you last meeting

I'll hopefully be there so rest up as much as poss and we'll see you soon

Ali
xx

You lot are wonderfull, thankyou, I have an idea, lets get all the parents together and get them talking, i wonder how long it would take them untill they realized just how shallow and unforgiving they all are...More like they would think they were all wonderfull Pffft.
Thanks again to all of my new fab friends xxxxxx
You've all made me smile xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wouldn't work with my mother, she has a built in "la-la" filter... if anyone says anything she doesn't want to hear, her brain just blocks it out completely. She has the ability to believe utterly that black is white...

Theres loads of people shrinking in this place but Im not sure any of them are a shrink :D Chin up hun, what doesnt kill us makes us stronger.....please remind me of this when I go off on one :D x

Dotty's right (on both counts... we're all shrinking, but not violets !!) In a bizarre way the dysfunctional relationship with my mother has definitely made me a stronger person.

Yes I will be there - it is the day after your op though isn't it?

tranquil

I'm having my op on Sunday 15th, if i remember right the meeting is Thursday? I'm hoping to come and say hello for half an hour, but i'll play it by ear.
RoseA, i hear you, my Mum must have gone to the same finishing school as yours, moonflower thankyou hope to see you soon, Dotty i love the "shrinking" analogy xx

Hi hun i can really get where you are at with your mum i too am adopted but both my parents wanted me but my friend was similar to you in that her adoptive mother was mentally very cruel to her and if it hadn't been for her adoptive dad she would have struggled big time. When you are adopted and it doesn't work out it hits as a second rejection and can affect people for years to come. You sound like a strong lady hun so stay that way and your success will speak for itself. Oh you have started me off now my social work head doesn't switch off hee hee x

Hi Allie, I'm fine thanks, just had a wobble yesterday, to be honest i looked at my post and giggled, it all sounds so dramatic and then i drop the fact it's over a piggin yougart, Don't get me wrong it was hell when i was little, i ended up in an approved school and all sorts of awfull places, but you can either be a victim or not, I most certainly am not, i daren't say anything to my family as they would say something nasty to her, as they have more of a problem with what happened to me than i do, and she still wouldn't get it but just blame me more, so there's no point..just let it ride.
Being on here i have a lot of faith in people again though.
xxxxx

You are allowed that wobble hun and you are obviously a strong and beautiful woman with a whole load of new friends to support you. I still work with young people who are looked after and accomodated by the local authority through no fault of their own hence the insight. If you ever want a chat just pm me x

I'm having my op on Sunday 15th, if i remember right the meeting is Thursday? I'm hoping to come and say hello for half an hour, but i'll play it by ear.
RoseA, i hear you, my Mum must have gone to the same finishing school as yours, moonflower thankyou hope to see you soon, Dotty i love the "shrinking" analogy xx

The meeting is on Monday 16 August x

tranquil

The meeting is on Monday 16th, they are held on the 3rd monday of the month

Hahaha....i would have turned up like Billy no mates on the Thursday, thanks Tranquil and Terry, Ah, in that case my lovelies i don't think i'll be seeing you :cry:
I was looking forward to that as well, ho hum, i'll just have to see you next time. xxxxxxx

Hope today is working out better for you Kate...

Keep the stress right down to a bare minimum, as you prepare for your surgery!

Sending love and hugs for peace and calm xxx

Hi Bev, I'm fine thanks my lovely, anyway, never mind me Mrs!! It's you that's important!! I hope YOU'RE resting up and taking things easy, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you lots of get well wishes xxxxxxx

Suddenly i feel so much better about my family!!!

Seriously now, it could be that your mom is worried about your surgery or... She could just be a selfish old battleaxe. Either way you don't need that this week.. take yourself off up to the bathroom and have a relaxing soak in the tub, with the radio on so you can't hear her humphing and harrrring downstairs...

You take care of YOU because YOU are special to all of us :) xx

Well as we are both happily married i don't mind saying i love you too :) This doesn't mean wannabeslimagain or lamornamiss have to worry cos i luvs them too :) My wls buddies for life :) xx

Back