• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sick question!

buglady

hi every one just a quickie as some of you know i had my band fill on monday and all is going well managing to eat well not too much but this week has been a bit of a learning curve on the foods im now able to tolarate like for instance i thought id have a pretty ripe not hard nectarine i managed half of it and had to stop due to my band feeling like its was blocked. About half an hour after eating the nectarine i threw up the nectarine along with lots of thick saliva nothin else ? this seem to be the order of events if i seem to get a blockage of food saliva builds up on top of the food then i have to spit it out or sick it out then i am completly better? just wondering if anyone else has experienced this saliva sick three times its happened this week?

Hi not had the sick thing, but since my 2nd fill 3 weeks ago I get the full feeling ( thankfully) Although today I had one bite of apple pie and I thought I'd die with the pain in my chest. It would not go down for ages, was with people who do not know I've had the band so I couldn't say anything. Very scary, lesson learn t , be very careful with certain foods.

I guess its all a learning curve for us all.

Hope you feel better now.

Hi there,

This is a result of eating too fast or too much at a time, best advice I can give is slow down and take smaller bites. ;):)

Yeah, I get the whole thick saliva thing and then the food comes up. I do have a real difficulty in not eating slowly enough, it is something I am trying to work on - old habits die hard - when you are from a family of 6 you had to eat quick before someone else grabbed it off your plate! x

Yeah, I get the whole thick saliva thing and then the food comes up. I do have a real difficulty in not eating slowly enough, it is something I am trying to work on - old habits die hard - when you are from a family of 6 you had to eat quick before someone else grabbed it off your plate! x

the saliva thing comes from not chewing well enough, if you get a block thro a lump then the rest of the food sits on top, then we naturally swallow saliva and that also has no path way through so we vomit throth, chew well eat slow and things will improve xxx

I will definitely work on that Liz - it is my major failing so far. x

thanks everyone i think the key is to chew more, eat slower, and smaller bites the saliva coming up is most unpleasant!! x

Hi looking forward-
I've just had my first fill ( 7ml in 14 ml band) and only had it on tuesday- but don't feel in the slightest bit restricted. Did you find that it took till the 2nd fill to get the full feeling?
Thanks
Ractchet

hi rachet

i have the same size band as you banded on june the 10th had a first fill of 7mls slight restriction for three days or so then no restriction at all i could eat bread pasta rice etc then had my second fill mon just gone of 1.75mls he was going to put in 2mls which doesnt sound alot but im glad he never put that extra .25 of a ml in cause its a revelation ,still 6 days after my fill every day im expecting my restriction to go but im glad it say it doesnt!! i do have an appoinment on the 17th of sep for a check up or fill just to fine tweek the bad as my surgeon would say!! so you may need that extra bit of saline as every one is different i know i need more than 7mls. can i ask what was your starting weight and date of your op and loss so far pm me if you dont want to tell everyone? you will get to the right restriction this initial filling is the most anoying part of the whole process everyone else including me if im honest expects miracles but the weight loss doesnt start like that!! x

Hi Buglady,
thanks for your reply, it does make me feel much better. I had my op on 25/07 at Bromsgrove, and start weight was 18.2, and am now 16.13, so have lost 17lbs, but like most dieters, I'm very impatient. Made an appointment today for my 2nd fill on 28/09, so will see how I go.
Nice to know though that it's just me being impatient and it will come in time.
Thanks
x

Back