• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a post opper . . .and Im alive lol

top_kat

Well, I'm home, now a post opper, grabbing one of those cushions on the losers bench :)

All over, done with and home in less than 24 hours. A few mega emotional moments as my son said goodbye when they left the hospital (and one of the hardest moments for me) lovely nurses who looked after me and had my pre-op assessment bloods etc taken.

Met the anaesthetist who was very nice, although didn't really listen to him when I said that my fear of anaesthetic was pretty huge. Met Mr Super who is absolutely lovely, so friendly, down to earth and very approachable.

I was second on the list, so taken down for 130pm surgery, altho it was another hour after surgery before I came around enough to speak LOL they took me back to my room around 330pm and it was another hour before I could stay away long enough to phone my little man.

Spent most of the evening watching tv, but mostly sleeping, the nurse doing my obs commented on how sleepy I was. But I slept well (unusual for me as one of life's insomniacs) and how nice to have a cup of coffee served from a silver pot and a silver tray LOL shame I couldn't take advantage of the menu otherwise the smoked salmon, or the cod cooked with prawns would have been very welcome lol

Saw Mr Super again this morning early, and the nurse from Healthier Weight who was shocked when I said I'd lost just under 18lbs on the pre-op diet. She also said that experience has shown them, those people who have lost a stone by the time they have their first bandfill at 5 weeks go on to really make the band work and have success . . .so, its all looking good :)

No-one told me I'd be wearing such sexy stockings for 2 weeks tho lol :8855:

I have no restriction in my band at all, as HW do not go down that route, but tend to build it up in small doses every couple of weeks after that 5 week mark.

So, I will be having my first fill, just when I can start eating food, and on my 40th birthday LOL so will be back to liquids . . .(may squeeze in a G&T there tho lol as a birthday treat)

I'm really surprised at how small the scars are, one of them I can barely see, and as Im glued together I've already been able to shower :) there is one that is slightly more painful, but thats only because it is where the port is.

Was nice to get home tho to a glass of milk :)

So, Im home, Im a post opper, but more so, I'm alive . . .

:D

Thank you to all of the messages of support, and the kind words sent to me via PM, so much support from people I don't even know, is so much appreciated.

Thank you :) now shove along a little to let me sit on that bench LOL

:D

Kat x x x

bexh

woohoo!!!

Glad it all went well and you're home :)

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Yeh!!!! Txxx

fab40

Kat,

So glad to hear you are all ok! Thats brilliant.

You have done so well so far and it can only get better

Been thinking about you all day yesterday, even my partner Andy has asked how you got on.

So pleased that the big GA was ok and look forward to sharing our sucess together.

Go girl

Jane x

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
woohoo congrats :) xxx

Evenstarr

Yay! Congrats...another loser!
Those stockings are super sexy aren't they? Mine are bottle green and I have to wear them for 6 whole weeks!
All day on Monday I was pretty much out of it, I kept checking with the nurses and the doctors that I'd really had my op!
Em xxx

shelleymarie

Congratulations! Wishing you a speedy recovery :) x

ceejay

:wee::bliss::woohoo::banana dancer::bliss::woohoo::banana dancer::bliss::wee:
So pleased for you, and welcome to this lovely, healthy bench!!

Bellydancer57

Congratulations. We've nudged up & your seat is waiting. Wishing you all the best.

Meggie moo

Well done x wishing you a speedy recovery x

brollie

Hi Kat, so glad all went well, I found Mr Super lovely too, like you said very down to earth. I start solid foods on Monday, then have my first fill on Thursday, then a second one booked on 22nd Sept, so I'm thinking they must be doing the same with me. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing your progress xx

Glad you made it kiddo. I have to ask the question. Your consultant, does he run round in a lycra suite and cape? :8855:

top_kat

lol no not quite, but he did rush in with a "man bag" lol and said to me "Oh, are you the lady with a hernia" . . "oh no, you're not, ok" lol and off he went LOL

But he was really nice. When he gave me my letter for my GP, I said "that will go down well" and then explained to him that my doctor had laughed at me when I suggested a band. He told me he was fitting 40-50 a week currently and that in that region as soon as someone reaches a certain BMI they are being referred for surgery, and that my doc must be living in the dark ages.

Thanks everyone for your wishes and thoughts . . .I wish I could stop sneezing LOL and it feels strange to have half a mug of coffee and to be feel "full" but more so, not to even feel hungry in the first place. I know this will ease off over time, until I have my first fill at 5 weeks, but its very strange . . .

Feeling a bit tired this evening, cooked lunch for DS then had to accompany him to his footie training, altho thankfully my brother was around to drive us. So didn't get home til 815pm. Sat and watched some tv, but planning on trying to get into bed soon I think . . .just to lie down, relax and try to sleep . . .

My DS keeps saying "its so nice to have you home" as if I've been away for weeks lol

Oh, I'm dissapointed now. Do like a man in lycra! lol I mean motorcycle leathers, that's what I mean't ;o

top_kat

he looked rather nice in his suit mind ;) not as nice as the anaesthetist tho LOL

A friend said to me " at least there was some eye candy to look at" and I said, there would have been if I hadn't of been asleep . . .:8855: