• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im alive and home

rayner

I am now home after having my bypass :) not a very good night last night, had to have the emergency doctor out as i had a high temperature. pain and kept trying to be sick..... anti sickness and pain killers and all is well again...... I must say peppermint tea is the best thing in the whole wordl right now !!!!! im even putting my poor old dog to shame:D can manage fluids really well which has really surprised me as i can drink i whole tin of weight watchers soup and not feel full ??? is this normal at this early stage ???:confused:

Pleased you are home and starting your recuperation, keep up the drinking just becareful with the soup stick tpo whta the hospital tell you and you will be fine, take care xx n keep posting xx

well done, it must be lovely to be at home xxx

welcome to the losers bench Rayner, good luck :) xxx

oh congrats on having the bypass hun x

hi and welcome to the loosers bench .....
take your time just follow what hospital recomended dont try and rush things

Congratulations on the op and being home
Soup is liquid and will go straight through your pouch so you will be able to drink more. When you start on purées and solids you will be shocked at how little you can manage
HTH

the soup was sieved so it was just like water.... tried a protien shake... yuck yuck could not stomach it so im drinking slim fast to get my protein but can only manage a few sips at a time.. I also found out that i had a ulcer in my stomach when they opened me up :(

Just take it easy and slowly, hope that ulcer has been cut away so that it wont be aproblem now xx take care xx

Soup is good. Try a protein rich one like lentil or chicken etc. If you like creamy soups try adding a couple of teaspoons of skimmed milk powder which will add protein. You can dilute some fat free greek yogurt (fage) down with milk to make it more runny which is also a great source of protein too. They gave me yogurt in hospital the day after my op so I know its safe. Glad to hear you're home safe and well.

Kate x

Back