• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im baack!

emmakc

I everyone well it's all over and at the moment I must admit I'm having doubts! Bad wind pain and back ache. Can't have peppermint tea until tomorrow as im only on 30 mls hourly. How long til the pain stops and it's just food u have to deal with?

I've not had visitors as all three kids had sick bug . Hubbie got here when they called to say I was out of recovery and threw up in my loo so told him to go!

I just Wang to feel human again!

Give it a day or 2 time to settle down then you will feel lot better very tired b ut relieved its over. xx

Get up and walk as often you can. It really helps with the wind pain. The nurses had me on my feet 4 hours after surgery. Then I walked at 2 hour intervals after that. It really does help to get rid of the wind. As soon as its gone, you feel a whole lot better :)

How are you feeling Emma. I got the text from your hubby saying you were done and dusted!! So glad you are through it now... Walk around as much as you can, that will really help disperse the wind.. You will feel so much better by tomorrow I'm sure. Have they told you when you can go home yet??

Hi Amanda feeling better than I did. Can't wait to get the neck line and drain out tomorrow. I am going home on Monday and I can't wait!

Well done Emma, pleased its all done and dusted. Like everyone has said walk around as much as you can. Speedy recovery Hun and take care xxxx

You will pick up so much more quickly once you are at home in familiar surroundings xxx

well done and welcome to the other side. walk up n down the corridors that will help, after i had showered i felt human and got up walking up and down x if u want any help, i know i myself am still new feel free to pm me xx

Thanks Paula and I'm sorry I never made the meet up on Wednesday I'll def be at the next one. I'm looking forward to going home!

Pleased you feeling bit more human and sure you will be a whole lot better when you get home nothing like your own bed xx kep walking, n deep breathsit helps as well the surgeon advised me to do this, and it does help, especially when you start to eat n drink n feel a bit of restriction. xx

Thanks Christa breathing is definitely shallower glad u said that as I was panicking a bit that something wrong

Think might be todo with the swelling inside, but he told me to do that wether walking sitting or lying down, deep breath then hold it let it out, bit like having chest sounded at docs, still do it sometimes if i feel like summat is tuck or full up. It has helped me yet most people havent heard of it. The surgeon told me to practice it before i went down for the op so i took his advice n like i said still do it. Good luck n hope you feel much better, if you are shallow breathing mind n it doesnt improve mention it to staff cos a coplication can be chest infection after op just be careful xx

Am glad all went ok Emma :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Nicky xx

Well done Lovely and welcome to the losers bench. You're going to feel rough for a few days but it all gets better and soon you wont feel as you've had an op at all. Remember you're insides have all been cut about and are bruised and swollen. I felt like I'd been hit by a bus for the first 3-4 days but it does get better, promise. You should be pretty much allowed free fluids by now so try that peppermint tea and see if it has any effect. You'll feel much better once you're back home. Don't go catching those bugs though.

Love Kate x

Back