• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im done..

Slimmingnix

I finally had my bypass yesterday afternoon. Feeling good so far. Surgeon had a bit of bother with some scar tissue from a previous op when I was a child!

Come on you lot.... Shift up your shrinking bottoms on the losers bench!!!

Now the rest of my life can begin!

Thank you all for your pre op advice, it's really appreciated.

SNx

Congrats to you for finally arriving on the losers bench (your more than welcome)hope you do well with recovery,best wishes.x

Hi SN

Am glad all went ok, wishing you a speedy recovery and a good christmas..

I should be having my bypass around february/march time, so will be shoving you over on bypass loosers bench then ..

Nicky xx

woop woop for snx i'm moving up that bench congrates hun wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

Yayy Congrats hun,wishing you a speedy recovery

Well done, we're all budging up for you. Rest up and have a good Xmas x x x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Great news glad all went well for you hun hope you have a speedy recovery xx

yay! congrats, your new life starts now :) x

Congratulations hun x

Warmest congratulations and good wishes on now being post-op. All the months of worry are over, and you are on your way. Blessings! x

Congratulations. So glad everything went well. I also had mine on the 21st, thankfully it went very well.

Excellent news - how you finding it one week on?

I'm not feeling hunger at all, and thankfully not much pain.

Not feeling too bad. Pain has pretty much gone,just feels different and like yourself don't feel very hungry. Trying to keep on top of all the meds, drinking slowly and making sure i have enough protein.

Had a big bruise appear near one of the wounds a couple of days later but was assured by the Bariatric nurse that it was normal. I understand it could take a few weeks for the bruise to disappear.

Have you dared get on the scales? Got to be honest i have not seen much change but I am sure that will come.

Hi,
I too had lots of bruises, some large and really black when I first looked at my tummy, and then a few more appeared after too... I too was told that it was normal. Most have lightened in colour and some have disappeared.

As I was only given pain killers and some stuff for stomach lining, the meds are not too bad. I stopped taking the paracetamol on Xmas day as there has been no pain.

At first I was struggling to have the dissolvable paracetamol, because it would fill me up and I could not have anything else!!!

As for protein, what are you having to make sure you get enough at this liquid stage? I bought some vanilla meal replacement shake powder yesterday with high protein levels, I plan to add this to milk for extra protein. After 2 weeks of soup on liver shrinkage diet and the last week on more liquids I am getting a bit bored of soup!!!

I bought some scales on friday so that I could do a weekly weigh-in. I know that you should use the same scale every week to get accurate measurements, but have to start measuring at home at some stage. According to scale I lost 5kg's (circa 10.5lbs) in the first week. It's a great start, but I also know that the loss should go down to about 1-1.5 kilos per week.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

Take care.

SNx

Good to see you're doing well, I too couldn't handle dissolvable but this was in hospital so ended up given liquids but didn't really need them. The extra bruises would be from injections
I've not had a yoghurt since last part of liquid stage 4 weeks including the pre op put me right off lol I couldn't wIt to reach the next stage to have mash n gravy lol
Now over four months out. once u reach 6 weeks and get to "normal" food it gets easier. I still now have a slimfast for breakfast this due to time I get up for work, but also finds it helps me go lol
All the best n good luck on your journey x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back