• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im finally home

Hi Tracey,
Do hope that you are resting and relaxing...
What a whopping bruise.....
So glad it is now behind you and you can look forward positively....
Take it steady and sending hugs to you from Wales...
xxx

hi, my name's carol, im starting the process of hopefully having a bypass at luton. ive had initial appointment and have the ones with psychologist, dietician, and biatric nurse on 30th sept. can u tell me what to expect and will i know for def if i can have the op then. the consultant seemed sure id have the op but i need it set in stone to believe it. also, can u give me an idea of how long it all takes til the op and basically anything of help. im happy for you that you've had your op and alls well. keep me informed of your progress, please. sorry if this all seems a bit cheeky to ask,,im just glad to see someone on this site whos having the same as me at luton. thanku . carolx

Wow, thanks for letting us know about the surgery... Certainly explains the bondage before my op started :)

Now take the time to recover and remember every day is better than the last day. Be good to yourself xx

Welcome home Tray. Take it easy now honey and wishing you a speedy and trouble free convalescence. Sending hugs. xxx

Re: the op position........take comfort that you'd be draped in green towels and not exposed....and that it's a darn site better position than the one they put you in for haemorroids! Which is basically on all fours with your bum in the air! :D

lol i really dont care how the op was done as i was out of it and im alive .. they could of hung me from the celling with all my glory showing . if that was how they had to do it ..lmao

Were you awake love? xxx

Welcoem home x

Tracey, I am so pleased for you... it has put you well on your way to a new life and it will be great to walk alongside you on your future journey... take special care and relax... loads of love xxx

well i was allowed to come home today, my bloods were still a little bit up, but they said it was looking like they were on the way down, and for my hubby to just keep an eye on me, its so good to be home and see my family. the drs and staff at luton are bloody fantastic. mr whitelaws team were all so good, i also found out how they do the op ... i was told were hoisted to nearly up right position. the surgeon was be tween my legs ...(oh are misses ) lol then there is another surgeon using a tool to hold your liver out the way, and someone else working on the other side of you. my hubby wasnt to chuffed at the thought of the dr between my legs when even he int allowed there pmsfl....only kidding. anyway i needed to ask does anyone know where i can get chewable vitamin tablets as all i can find is the whole one and there huge?
th2mziofp.png

Glad to hear your home, see you on the lossers bench

had a bit of a down day yesterday was crying and dont know what for. for the first time i hated my bypass, and wished id never had it done, i think i was feeling sorry for myself and also having TOM didnt help,well today is a new day and i feel a bit more positive so im going to take each day as it comes, the pain in my left side has eased a bit today thank god, but im finding it hard to stay asleep at night so thats why im on here so early, im sure when i can start to have a better intake of food that will improve my moods as there is only so much soup you can handle in a week ...lol well heres to the second week of my bypass, hopefully it will get better with time ....

Hi Tracey, cheer up kidda. At least your done & dusted now! Just the hard part to do & lose the rest of your weight! Mine is 17th Sept, so people like you inspire me, but I suppose these bad days come and go, hopefully they will get less for you. Perhaps when you can get a more regular sleep pattern it might help, certainly the thought of bloody 'sooperdays' doesn't float my boat! Hope your day gets better and things start to settle down, love & best wishes from the North East - Paul xx

Sorry to hear you had a tough day yesterday Tracey, I think by what I read it is quite normal. Good to hear you are feeling a little better today though. Only one more week of soup and then you can start on the mushies. Please remind me of what I have just told you when I am feeling like this lol.

Hi Tracey and just sending love, thinking of you. Hope you are feeling better today... you have done amazingly well and you life is going to get better and better from now... keep positive and keep posting. Take good care precious xxx

thank you all for your kind words . i am feeling better today and im sure when i can get onto more foods it will make all the differance . and sharron good luck for today love ill be thinking of you xxx

Back