• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new and about to have Gastric Band

Jenn83

Hi all,
I'm Jenn and live in Newcastle upon Tyne, i'm due to have a Gastric Band in Sept after years of misery being overweight. I'm paying privately as GP refused to even consider me through the NHS. Any tips or advice would be fantastic.

Jenn x

welcome.jpg

good luck for september. Everyone here is sooo helpful and you will find lots of tips and advice. Maybe you should list what you would like to know and people will be able to answer point by point. I am new too,and getting the funds together to also get a gastric band... good luck and keep us posted on how you are getting on

Welcome. I have found this site fantastic since joining. Everyone is really helpful and supportive. Yes ... just listing your questions point by point is the best starting point; plus reading other threads - as there are kits of things you will find out, that maybe you would never even have thought of :)

Hi Jenn - you're in good company here ! I'm a new bander having had my op on 5th July this year - have had heaps of really good advice from here so just ask away.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted with your progress.

Michelle xxx

Hi Jenn...welcome. Have a look at the banders section and you'll see a lot of info and support. Good luck x

Hi Jenn, welcome to the forum. As a recent bander myself, I must say that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Use this time to really diet before surgery to shrink and cleanse your liver. There is a "banders" section within the forums where you can ask any question and people will give you honest and open replies. Good luck on your journey.

Hi jenn I was done on 12july and I feel brill. Best thing ever. Good luck .xx

Welcome! I'm new too, only joined at the weekend and have already had so much great advice. Good luck with your journey x

Back