• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im new and feeling very lost

I guess I just think it is what it is and I don't see the point in worrying about it in advance. Some have bad pain, some like me have very little.

I think I agree it's nice to hear both side that way your prepared I would rather know then to go to surgery scared and blind to what's happening to me. But I also understand that it's would scare some people. I value any ones stories or input the more information the better x

Welcome and I will try to answer your questions in the order you have asked them in, but my answers are only from my experience and perspective : -

The options between a Band / sleeve / bypass can be made depending on your BMI. If your BMI is in the higher range then you may be probably recommended a sleeve or a bypass. Also there are higher long term success rates with a sleeve, and higher still with a bypass. I chose to go with a sleeve rather than a bypass though as there were other side effects of a bypass that I wanted to avoid such as malabsorption.

The pre-op diet depends on what your surgeon wants, my surgeons recommended a diet, but not the milk diet, I had slim fast twice a day and a light meal in the evening.

I had wind pain after the surgery but no other real pain, it was just a bit difficult getting up and down from the bed for the first couple of days. I was also quite careful not to put any tension on my wounds, (i.e. not reaching things out of tall cupboards) for a few weeks post-op.

The post-op diet is as recommended by your doctor, I think I was on fluids for a week, then very puree for two weeks, then soft diet for two weeks. I am two months post op and can eat any texture food, however some things are tolerated better than others.

I had half a glass of white wine on Saturday night, first alcohol since surgery and was fine. The advice I got was to wait until after my first out patients, which I had last week.

Hope the above helps?

That's helps loads thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions.
X

Because childbirth seems to be THE pain of all pains it does concern me.
The only pain I really ever had was burst appendix....
My thirst for details is almost obsessive, like you I need to know the ins and outs of everything so some days I'm completely chilled and happy with my choice then I read something that freaks me out temporarily.
It's all put into perspective when I think what state my body will be in in 3 years time if I do nothing!!!
I just read scooters entire thread and even that hasn't put me off....doesn't mean I'm not scared tho :0)
X

I know what you mean i seem to want to know everything as well as much information as possible and a few stories I've read are a little like oh my god but I really don't think anything will put me off surgery.
And I think the biggest pain I've had is my teeth had surgery on them ,had to have it done while I was sleep as I'm a wimp for pain :(
X

Back