• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im new

jquihuiz

Hi. I just decided to try and get gastric bypass IV been thinking this over for past 2 years. I just sent off my questionaire to hospital w all info on 1st. Wanted to knw about how long is process to see Dr for consultation n actually get ball rolling . I'm excited n just want to start this process already.

Hi J, Welcome to the site. If you are in Stockton USA I don't know that you are going to get your answers on here because the vast majority of us are in the UK and health systems are different. You might get some answers though so good luck.

good luck jq :) xxx

Good luck on your journey, hope its a smooth one for you xx

Good luck hun. Does your medical insurance cover it? If so i cant imagine it being too long. On facebook there is a lot of bypassers from america and also on youtube. Them sites would be better for your answer i think. xx

Hi hun welcome to the site x

Hi Sweetie :) Maybe start a new thread with the title 'Surgery waiting time in the US' & our American peeps will be aware that they may have the answers for you. Good luck, honey xxx :)

I figured that ... didn't realize til after I posted. .. lol thanks anyway :)

we may not be able to help with timings in the US....but we can certainly keep you entertained and give you loads of advice from lots of people that are either pre op or post op....

I'm in Spokane Washington. My wait has been about 3 months. I should have my surgery date any day now. My surgery should be the end of the month. I was very diligent in getting each step done and tried to be one step ahead if possible. Depending on your insurance company, the wait can be up to 6 months +. People in the UK have wait times up to 3 years, so we're pretty lucky. I would call your insurance company and ask them what their requirements for bariatric surgery are. Some require a 6 month medically supervised diet prior to approval. Some require 3 months and some none at all. I was lucky not to have to do it at all. My surgeon did require proof that I've tried other methods of weight loss though. They also required me to go to an informational seminar. And the insurance company required a psychological evaluation. Let me know if i can help you anymore..... Hopefully this gives you some info!

Back