• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm Pre-op and tomorrow i start Slimmm

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
as it says on the tin really....

im back to my heaviest weight, 22 st 7lb this is about 7lbs more than when i last went to the docs and had eaten everything in sight to get me over that 45 BMI (see signature lol)

im fat, unhealthy, i hurt, i struggle.....and i need to lose a stone or 2 to feel ok'ish again SO....

a couple of years ago i did low carb (atkins) i felt amazing and lost approx 3 stone but really struggled to make breakfast and vary my lunch ( i dont eat breakfast and a tuna/chicken salad every day was tedious)...dinner wasnt a problem.

A friend showed me a website where i can get a meal replacement (Slimmm) very cheaply that is low carb and i have replacement for breakfast and lunch, a snack in between and a low carb dinner in the evening.

I have a LOT of low carb recipes, and know that after an op (if i ever get there lol) that i will need to eat protein formost and then carbs after so i can only see this as a good thing for my body.

Also..a pre op diet can be liquid only and post op its liquid for a few weeks, so it will be a good tester to see if i can go the distance!

When i did low carb before, i was full of energy and felt fantastic and also losing weight so i am looking forward to going back to low carb.

I am going to start tomorrow, i know its easter and there is shedloads of chocolate around, but im not a chocoaholic and wont struggle over the weekend.

wish me luck ladies.......i may need it after a week lol

Sounds like your having a nightmare of getting the funding from the pct....

I was turned down the first time...My GP said that the PCT said I hadnt been on weight loss pills for a year or more....I laughed to her and said, id been dieting since I was 18yrs old, I produced pics of me throughout my life, showing that ive never been a healthy weight...even took some old weight watchers cards and slimming world stuff i had still.
I explained id done more than just a diet, id tried everything i could think off....barring surgery. She then re-referred me.....and within a month, my GP called me to say i had funding!.....So I think my sad sob story of being fat all my life worked....

Perhaps gather a file of things you can show you GP...or if not, it maybe you GP not fighting hard enough for you?

You could always support me and doing the blasted milk diet with me, that makes you lose a lot...lol....my silly mother whos like 5ft tall and a size 14, is gonna do a week of the milk diet, as she wants to lose a stone lol....her way of asking me for the diet info was to say she wanted to support me and do it with me hahah...I know her game...quick fix of a stone is more like it! lol....

i hit a hurdle getting a referral for weight management, im yet to even ask for funding for the op itself....lord help me lol

had my first shake this morning, it had a funny taste to it, like sweetener? but it went down....soup for lunch!

Well see how you feel on this diet...it may work for you.

ive been to weight management before, it was like a meeting for fat people...sat there, all talking about what they like etc, but not really doing much about it....(similar to a weight watchers meeting, but without the challenges or group competing sorta atmosphere)....

Good luck either way hun x

just drinking the chicken and veg soup.....its flippin vile!

LOL the price we pay for dieting eh....

im glad i got it stupidly cheap now! the friend that told me about it just said she puts tabasco in it to drown out the taste......might have to go and purchase some!

So glad I haven't got a pre op diet! Lol

hi hun my weight management befor my surgery was one on one and i found it very informative and helpfull, along with seeing the cognetive behaviour therapist, and i was told if you do good on the w.m. and loose 5% of your weight you will defo be put forward for funding so all the very best of luck with this.
i am from wirral p.c.t...

hi hun my weight management befor my surgery was one on one and i found it very informative and helpfull, along with seeing the cognetive behaviour therapist, and i was told if you do good on the w.m. and loose 5% of your weight you will defo be put forward for funding so all the very best of luck with this.
i am from wirral p.c.t...

thanks hun,

this is not a normal preop diet advised as per the hospital,

this is me needing to lose some weight to feel comfortable and unfortunatley being restrictive and or meal replacement, works for me.

im hoping that WM isnt like an AA meeting where i have to speak out in front of 10 others lol, i am confident in public speaking but not when its about me!! lol

im south staffs pct...we know how different they all are lol

Oooh i would love to try this. Is there any chance you could tell me the website? Maybe we could be slimmm buddies lol x

thats great hun, ive tried to send you a message and it says you dont allow private messages?

milkshakes are mint choc and summer berry and arent too offensive....
soup is chicken and veg and beef and veg and are minging!!!

i have to make the soup in a mug and swill down as much as poss...

low carb dinners are easy to make as i did atkins for 18 months and know it well but i have succumbed to a bottle of wine and a pack of smoky bacon walkers....

im going to bed before i eat anything else!

milkshakes are mint choc and summer berry and arent too offensive....
soup is chicken and veg and beef and veg and are minging!!!

i have to make the soup in a mug and swill down as much as poss...

low carb dinners are easy to make as i did atkins for 18 months and know it well but i have succumbed to a bottle of wine and a pack of smoky bacon walkers....

im going to bed before i eat anything else!
Good luck hope all goes well I am starting today as well was lying awake thinking about the shopping i need to get ended up making myself hungry so i have had to have a piece of my fruit alreadyi hope this isnt a bad start.

lol wendy, an apple is a good placeto start,

ive just finished day 4 and am offended by the chicken soups....im wondering if i could have milkshake for lunch too instead of the awful soup?

ill try and google it, im not hungry after the soups and shakes, there is loads of powder in the packets and if you leave it in a glass it goes solid around the egdes, so im presuming it has a lot of filler in it,

either way, its ok and im sticking at it,

ill weigh on fri and see if it has worked lol

well, ive given up on the awful soups and had 2 milkshakes today instead of the soup at lunch....

i felt fine all day even though there were chocs in the office! had an apple as a snack and felt hungry by the time id got home for dinner....

this is working for me and im happy :D

my WM app is soon, im hoping ive lost enough to look ok in my jeans, as it stands at the moment, i can only wear them for halfa day cause they cut into me because of the fat....ggrrrrr

well, ive given up on the awful soups and had 2 milkshakes today instead of the soup at lunch....

i felt fine all day even though there were chocs in the office! had an apple as a snack and felt hungry by the time id got home for dinner....

this is working for me and im happy :D

my WM app is soon, im hoping ive lost enough to look ok in my jeans, as it stands at the moment, i can only wear them for halfa day cause they cut into me because of the fat....ggrrrrr

But your still persisting with it, which shows determination :)

Jeans are my worst enemy...either I look like a elephant or I cant sit, or be in them for a long time.....DONT worry about the JEANS....in time, when you have lost more weight, you can wear them longer :)

Back