• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm Really Regretting My Surgery

vanilla-cupcake

Maybe everyone feels like this....I dont know, but I certainly do!

I've never had to watch what I eat so much in all my life, its doing my head in and its boring me.

I have no energy to do anything with my 3 children.

Im seriously craving my Chinese favourite..chicken & black bean with chilli, fried rice and some chips.

Right...I wasn't happy being over-weight but at least I could eat what I wanted and when I wanted...now I cant even drink with my food.

Maybe I didn't reasearch this enough, thought I did but if I had of known I would feel like this I doubt very much I would have gone through with the op and would be almost £8k better off, could have got me a new kitchen or even a new car

Does everyone go through this or am I in the minority, when does it start to feel better and worthwhile

I have lost a stone so far but i've been reading quite a bit on here about banders putting on weight then loosing then putting back on again etc before desired fill is reached which can take a couple of months, is this the case with every bander?

Sorry for my rant but im just feeling really p*ssed off at the minute

I'm sure everyone feels like this at first but it's a drastic step and I'm sure you researched it extensively. You wont even think about it when you slip into the size jeans you want, you wont even think about all the foods you could have eaten! It was the right decision and things can only get better, chin up!

try to keep smiling; it will all be worth while when you fit in that dress.

The day you feel slim, you'll know that NOTHING tastes as good as that feels.

Good luck x

Maybe everyone feels like this....I dont know, but I certainly do!

hi kate some people do feel this way because they have not yet ajusted to the life style changes banding can bring.

I've never had to watch what I eat so much in all my life, its doing my head in and its boring me.

basically with wls you cant have your cake and eat it as they say, you have to make drastic changes in your life or you will fail to lose weight long term, if its boring you now at this early stage then how will you cope long term ? you will only get out of a band the effort you put into it as its only an aid to help you lose weight and not a magic cure.

I have no energy to do anything with my 3 children.

your still in the very early stages after banding and you will be tired, this will pass as you heal and lose weight you will feel more active.

Im seriously craving my Chinese favourite..chicken & black bean with chilli, fried rice and some chips.

having a band does not change what we crave we have to use will power with that side of banding and compramise with a low fat version of it. you must change your mindset towards food, maybe counciling will help you do this ~?

Right...I wasn't happy being over-weight but at least I could eat what I wanted and when I wanted...now I cant even drink with my food.

the point of banding is to change the above habbits routine in order to lose weight, if you do not change them weight loss will be minimum, you can not expect to carry on as before surgery as its impossible you have to work with it.

Maybe I didn't reasearch this enough, thought I did but if I had of known I would feel like this I doubt very much I would have gone through with the op and would be almost £8k better off, could have got me a new kitchen or even a new car

maybe you didnt research enough, but we are here on mini's to help you through this tough time. would a car/ new kitchen of made you really happy ? getting fitter losing weight and adding years to your life isnt more important than material things in life ?

Does everyone go through this or am I in the minority, when does it start to feel better and worthwhile

not everyone feels this way but alot do its like greiving for the old life you left behind when you chose to have wls.

I have lost a stone so far but i've been reading quite a bit on here about banders putting on weight then loosing then putting back on again etc before desired fill is reached which can take a couple of months, is this the case with every bander?

firstly congratulations on losing a stone well done !weight fluctuation is very common in banders until they learn to listen to there bodies, deal with head hunger and cravings and fills are correct.

Sorry for my rant but im just feeling really p*ssed off at the minute

sorry if i seem a little harsh with my answers kate but i always say it how it is in my posts but i do not mean to offend.

liz xxx

You didn't offend me Liz :), maybe I need to hear just exactly how it is and stop whining about things, I made the costly decision to have wls so I know I have to deal with it its just hard changing the habit of a life time :sigh:

Try and stay focused hun, and have you taken any pics before your op, and now you've lost the weight as that is a fab motivator:D:D
Just took my before pic and omfg I am ashamed:eek::eek::eek:

WLS surgery is a tool to be used to aid us to eat correctly - it is after all our eating habits that have got us to this this point in the 1st place. After a while you may be able to have a chinese but not in the quanity you are used to. You are still early days and have to get used used to the new lifestyle and eating habits. At the end of the day try to remember why you put yourself through this surgery. It was to lose weight, become healtier and have more energy for your children. It is a long hard road not an easy option , but the outcome will far out weigh these feelings.

There are days when I still think about the food that I used to be able to eat in vast quantities...but then I think about why I had the operation and how far I have come since then.
You will eventually get over it, I have, you just learn to adapt. PM me if there is anything you want to know Huni....I have been there in your situation.

x

I suppose at one time or another we will have doubts whether we did the right thing or not. These doubts will probably last for a couple of SECONDS and then we get on with our healthier life.After all thats what we go through this for is not? Maybe its just a blip to feel like this but deep down I really doubt you regret the surgery. Good luck and hope you feel in a better frame of mind soon.

You didn't offend me Liz :), maybe I need to hear just exactly how it is and stop whining about things, I made the costly decision to have wls so I know I have to deal with it its just hard changing the habit of a life time :sigh:

hi kate im glad your not offended, banding is a drastic last resort to help us lose weight and some ajust to it better than others, its a learning curve that comes with time and experience of being banded, i and many other banders are here to support you through any hard times you feel you maybe experiencing at any part of your journey, so please feel free to ask for support and advice anytime.

liz xxx

I am really sorry you feel down, that could be an effect of what you have been through not that long ago. As Liz said, it's only been a couple of weeks, you haven't even fully healed yet.

But I am also going to play devil's advocate, as I read your posts with interest prior to your op and just after.

Did you expect the band to work for you, or for you to have to work damn hard to make the band work for you?

I get this sense that you expected this to be something that would happen very fast.

I am going to tell it like it is...it's bloody hard, food is always there tempting you, taunting you and YOU have to be strong and decide weather you want this bad enough.

You have a marvellous tool inside you. But it's not a magic wand, it's a ball and chain, to remind you
every time you eat something wrong or too much. A whip to let you know where you are making mistakes.

If I eat too much or too fast boy do I know it.

Am I hungry, do I crave stuff, hell yes but I have decided this was my last option, the one last thing I could do to stop me ramming stuff down my throat and basically committing
a slow suicide.

You can do this, you can make it work, you just have to wipe the slate clean on everything you did before and go forward with the thought that YOU now can get control, you can loose weight and if YOU choose too, you can keep it off.

And besides, your only option now if you decide this is not for you, is to have it removed.

I am sorry if it seems harsh, but I get passionate about people who have something done without thinking 200 percent about it. I mean no offence to you, I just want you to think of all the positive things that can happen from here on in.

Your children will have you longer.
Your health will improve dramatically.
You will feel better about yourself when You look in the mirror.
You will feel a sense of pride and achievement when you reach your goals.

YOUR LIFE HAS AND WILL CHANGE FOREVER - Embrace that and love it.:D

And most of all, if you need help, we are all here to help, for we are all here because of the same reason.

hi kate im glad your not offended, banding is a drastic last resort to help us lose weight and some ajust to it better than others, its a learning curve that comes with time and experience of being banded, i and many other banders are here to support you through any hard times you feel you maybe experiencing at any part of your journey, so please feel free to ask for support and advice anytime.

liz xxx

I think part of my problem is... is that Phil gives in to me way too easily, if I told him the op was going to cost £30k he still would have paid for it, I actually thought it was going to be easier than it is, boy am I wrong!! Within 30 minutes of enquiring about the op on the phone I had it booked.

I have NEVER been this strict on any diet before, I have always caved in when the cravings start, thats what my biggest problem was... I had no will power....now im am having to find the strongest bloody will power that I didn't even know I had and its just hard but im sure i'll get used to it eventually.

Thanks for your advice Liz I would be lost without you

Kate x x x

Hi Kate
Sorry you are having a tough time i can't really help as i'm pre op but just wanted to say as the rest have done i'm sure it will get better and there will be lots of great moments along the way to make you pleased you did this. Hang in there Kate we are all here for you xx

Hun you are less than 2 weeks post-op and it sounds like you have the post-op blues which is common. You are tired, you feel deprived of yummy food and not enough weight has come of for you to feel like you are a success. It will pass, just baby yourself and remember you have just had major surgery 12 days ago. Grief for your old eating habits is normal but don't start thinking that you can never have those things again. You will eventually be able to have the odd treat but you have to focus now on eating healthy and healing from your surgery. You obviously knew what you were doing going the wls route, just stay strong and try not to be negative. Give yourself permisson to make the changes you need to in order to lose the weight.

You can do it and you have have the support of everyone one here!

Nic:D

I am really sorry you feel down, that could be an effect of what you have been through not that long ago. As Liz said, it's only been a couple of weeks, you haven't even fully healed yet.

But I am also going to play devil's advocate, as I read your posts with interest prior to your op and just after.

Did you expect the band to work for you, or for you to have to work damn hard to make the band work for you?

I get this sense that you expected this to be something that would happen very fast.

I am going to tell it like it is...it's bloody hard, food is always there tempting you, taunting you and YOU have to be strong and decide weather you want this bad enough.

You have a marvellous tool inside you. But it's not a magic wand, it's a ball and chain, to remind you every time you eat something wrong or too much. A whip to let you know where you are making mistakes.

If I eat too much or too fast boy do I know it.

Am I hungry, do I crave stuff, hell yes but I have decided this was my last option, the one last thing I could do to stop me ramming stuff down my throat and basically committing a slow suicide.

You can do this, you can make it work, you just have to wipe the slate clean on everything you did before and go forward with the thought that YOU now can get control, you can loose weight and if YOU choose too, you can keep it off.

And besides, your only option now if you decide this is not for you, is to have it removed.

I am sorry if it seems harsh, but I get passionate about people who have something done without thinking 200 percent about it. I mean no offence to you, I just want you to think of all the positive things that can happen from here on in.

Your children will have you longer.
Your health will improve dramatically.
You will feel better about yourself when You look in the mirror.
You will feel a sense of pride and achievement when you reach your goals.

YOUR LIFE HAS AND WILL CHANGE FOREVER - Embrace that and love it.:D

And most of all, if you need help, we are all here to help, for we are all here because of the same reason.

Yes Cazbandy, i suppose I did think the band was going to do the work for me, I researched the band til I could research no more, I thought I knew everything about it and how I was going to feel afterwards but nothing prepared me for how I am feeling now, I got myself here so I just have to deal with it which im sure I will its just going to be tough along the way, i have a fantastic husband who supports me no matter what I do but its great having you lot who know exactly how im feeling x

Support is very key, you will do this and in a years time, you will be so different and these worries will have faded away.

You go girl, set the world on fire :D

Hi Kate,

I understand about the head hunger completely...i am fancying chines takeaway too!!!!

But in all honesty, i would rather the compliments i have received the last week keep on coming, than eat the chinky that gives me pleasure for the 10mins i'm eating it, and then feel gutted after i have eaten it....

Once people start to notice, it really spurs you on.

You had a really rough time of it to begin with and things are still abit raw for you... but it will get easier and as others have already said, we are all in this together.

Loadsa love
xx

I have NEVER been this strict on any diet before, I have always caved in when the cravings start, thats what my biggest problem was... I had no will power....now im am having to find the strongest bloody will power that I didn't even know I had and its just hard but im sure i'll get used to it eventually.

Hi Kate

I originally thought about banding a year ago, but instead tried Slimming World. Unfortunately it allowed me to still eat huge quantities and I couldn't get to grips with the different coloured days.... so.... for about the 3rd time in 3 years I again tried Cambridge Diet but fell off the rails in January this year when my Son was ill. I gained what I'd lost on CD by March and was yet again going through the guilt trip of eating food when I'd forked out loads of money for soup and shake packs.

After lots of tears with Hubby because I felt such a failure, I came to the conclusion that I could never ever do a 'faddy' diet again (CD does work but once you learn the cheats you never do it correctly again :eek:) and once again looked at WLS.

My way of thinking is that....I love food, and that by having a band I can still eat food but in much smaller amounts (even when I was trying to be good by having salad, they would be humungous :eek:)

Please don't feel sad...once you get back onto normal food you really won't feel deprived....it's quite a revelation eating off a tea plate!!!!

Just think how slinky you'll be by Christmas :girlpower:

love...Yxx

goodmorning kate, how are you today ? i hope your feeling a little more positive today hun.

liz xx

Back