• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm scared of food!!!!

nikki f

I had my bypass on 21/3/13 I'm now on the last stage of purée only one week left and I have really struggled with it. I'm nowhere near getting the right amount of protein or calories because after dumping twice and getting really horrible bloating when trying to eat anything I'm now terrified of food. I'm scared to eat in case I'm sick cause I just cannot stand it. I'm literally living on petit filous and babybel!!! I'm just worried when I get onto soft food stage whether I'll be ready as I'm barely eating!! I really don't know what to do !!

Get in touch with your provider Hun and ask for help. If you're still struggling with purees you may need the team todo some investigation.

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I'm always in fear when I move to another stage! I hope you get some answers from your team. Take care x x

I had barely anthing in purée stage. Like yourself a fromage frais and a diarylee and that was me done.
Did manage a bit mashed potatoe and that seemed to suit me better. Couldn't have a lot of it but at least it stayed with me.
Might be worth a go

You sound like me lol. I'm 10 wks and still afraid to really eat. Because it either gets stuck or just comes back up...but then again thats mainly with certain meats like chicken. Itmay seem like it now but it does get easier and better. Some of us just take a little longer than others. Your still pretty early out. Hang in there : ).

Hi

I was really nervous about eating and struggled with food for a while but at 9 weeks out t5hings are finally becoming easier. I'm finding the things that are working for me - Baby Bel, fish pate's, jacket potato and cheese, inside of meat pies - and then just trying a little bit here and there of other stuff and if it works I'll have it, if not I'll put it off again for a while.

Initially I was trying to rush too much with new things rather than just thinking about upping my protein with things I could manage and then trying the new things. (If that makes sense!!)

Thanks for the advice guys I guess I'm just expecting too much too soon an it's going to be a case of trial and error. But it's so good to speak to people who have actually been through it and guide you along the way. X

I dumped on scrambled egg really badly first I got really bad tight stomach cramps then I started sweating this was after two tiny bites so I stopped eating but my mouth started salivating then I was violently sick. It was like a clear gel and that lasted about two hours all through this I had fever like symptoms and after I was exhausted!!!! Also dumped on cous cous a teeny bit and have felt nauseous after tinned soup. X

Thanks for that.

Oh God :/ eggs sound like a common culprit for dumping. I wonder why the new tummy doesn't like eggs?? x x

You know what is nice the tinned chicken in white sauce blended with mash yum but I didn't eat much on puree stage. My team advised me to try one new thing a day so I could tell what agreed with me or not. I get the tightening feeling you described if I don't leave enough time between mouthfuls.

Samsara I'm fine with eggs but prawns,certain hams(non lean type) sardines and normal crisps make me dump but no sickness or stomach cramps just quick back exit with no warning signs.

Back